The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Overseas Members

davo

People

I understand the idea of having membership payable for you guys to have full posting rights etc.

However, I live wayyyyyy down the other side of the planet.

Is there any such thing as "free associate memberships" for overseas peoples? :D

Yes mate. 'Free Associate Membership' allows you to read the forum as much as you like. ;)

If you want to keep posting you must pay. I'm not quite clear why living outside the UK should exempt you from paying - could you elaborate a little?

Anyway, I reckon you should pay double if you don't have to live in this shit-hole of a country. I'd swap places with you in a heartbeat :D

Basically because I am not going to take advantage of anything like members packs, sticers, discount offers, attending cruises.

While not taking advantage of these things I suppose I have something to offer.

Plus I can give you reciprocal rights to our club.

Is there any such thing as "free associate memberships" for overseas peoples? :D

i've pointed this out on more than one occasion (arnout & XiPHiAS) as i think we as a forum miss out on having lots of foreign members. Its all well and good people pointing out its only a tenner but how many of them pay to join the american/australian etc forums?

The only problem i can see is uk based people claiming they are from abroad to obtain free membership............

Its all well and good people pointing out its only a tenner but how many of them pay to join the american/australian etc forums?

They don't have to.

I think it's a good idea foreign members get free membership, I seem to remember saying the same before when Arnout left. It can easily be verified from their IP address that they genuinely are foreigners.

Its only a tenner ... with the exchange rate being what it is that is about $389.26 in Australian money.

It isn't a money thing tho.

Seems you don't want outsiders here which is a bit of a shame considering you seem to have lots and lots of people posting things like "I am sAv|inG uP t0 buY a Sik Mkiv 2JZ gte SuPra cAn u GuyS telL me HoW mUCh PowA i Can GEt from A ManuAl CoS I aM A rACeR aND woULd neVa dRIve An AUto".

When someoen turns up who actually owns a car and runs a club overseas you don't want them.

Anyway I am taking my my toys and going home.

Oh, one other thing ... we are going to win the ashes.:trophy:

mycar.jpg

Guest Nicholas
Its only a tenner ... with the exchange rate being what it is that is about $389.26 in Australian money.

It isn't a money thing tho.

Seems you don't want outsiders here which is a bit of a shame considering you seem to have lots and lots of people posting things like "I am sAv|inG uP t0 buY a Sik Mkiv 2JZ gte SuPra cAn u GuyS telL me HoW mUCh PowA i Can GEt from A ManuAl CoS I aM A rACeR aND woULd neVa dRIve An AUto".

When someoen turns up who actually owns a car and runs a club overseas you don't want them.

Anyway I am taking my my toys and going home.

Oh, one other thing ... we are going to win the ashes.:trophy:

£10.00 (GBP) United Kingdom Pounds = $24.6528 (AUD) Australia Dollars

Tight git! and we do get people that can't spell or use grammer but they do pay their tenner :)

For the same amount here, our members get T-shirt, stickers, cruises organised, Christmas BBQ ... and most of them can spell and are conscious of the existstance of rules of grammar!.

I think this is the only forum in the world that charges people to post.

Honestly I couldnt care less. A tenner is no big deal for the knowledge I get out of it. Also, remember that by paying, we members are indirectly balancing the influence the sponsor's have on the forum. I m not sure about your australian forum, but I have certainly seen this happen more than once on supraforums.com. An instance where a forum member was banned for doing an indepth writeup of the ebay (XS power) turbo kits.

Guest Nicholas
For the same amount here, our members get T-shirt, stickers, cruises organised, Christmas BBQ ... and most of them can spell and are conscious of the existstance of rules of grammar!.

Stay over there then ;)

You can keep the T-Shirt and stickers, but the BBQ and literate members sounds great, I'll apply for a rebate and come over.;)

Very nice Supra by the way :thumbs:

I will flick some cash over you guys when i have some spare cash floating around.

Again another member from Aus here - but i am a little strapped for the fact i need to get my car ready for a car show in january, and it has a slipping twin plate, and is booked in for a respray, so $$$ is tight (i figure i am just gonna boycot xmas as its too much money to waste on things other then my car :rolleyes: )

but come early next year, i will have some cash ready.

I regularly float between the Aus / US and here, and just don't post here thats all :D

I would post a pic of mine like davo, but its not quite ready for more photos - but basically its a black J-Spec hardtop 6spd TT running TTC with a TS hood, TRD rear wing, and some black 7-spoke polished dish 18" rims (9's front 10's rear) with about 350 RWHP. The respray is just to tidy it up as the bonnet and wing i have only just got, and i haven't put my wheels on yet for lack of tyres ....

clutch gets fixed this month - booked in for spray on 8th Jan - car show on 20th of Jan - hopefully have a few photos from the Supra display at our local car show for you all :D

Not being funny but it but i believe the word "existence" should be spelled like this.!!!:D