The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Historic Supra Prices

michael

I had my TT about 7 or 8 years ago - and the import thing was only just taking off. I couldn't actually afford a TT - I had £20K and I couldn't find any that were under £22-23K.

I tried a Mits. GTO - but it felt sooooo slow, I ruled them out.

Then I tried an RX7 - was an excellent car (and the first one I'd seen that truly matched the advert) but had a misfire on the testdrive. Dealer said he'd sort it - and I agreed to buy subject to that. But before the deal was closed, I heard they have a habit of self destructing every 45k miles (a mazda dealer told me that) - so I told the guy I would pull out of the sale.

His answer was : Ok - but I've got a black TT 6 speed Supra on it's way over - you can have that for £20K if you like.

It was a fantastic car - and at that time was an absolute bargain - although it was on a K plate, so was already about 5 years old.

I'd actually like to hunt down and kill the ex who persuaded me to sell it.