The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A warning to anyone selling their Supra...

mawby

Always worth remembering this sort of thing does happen so never trust anyone!

Hi there

Thought you might be interested in my recent experience. Supra owners beware there are some evil people after you're supra:

Report to the police

SUPRA Theft

At approx 2pm on the 1st Nov I received a telephone call from a man called James. He was very interested in my advertisement in Autotrader for the sale of my Supra at £10,250.

He said he didn’t finish work until 4.30pm as he was a security guard. He said he would call me when he left work to arrange a viewing. At 5.00pm he called and said he had been delayed with a security problem with the police. He rang again later and since he had to travel from Watford we agreed to meet at Pease pottage service area on the M23.

At approximately 8.00pm he rang me as I was waiting at the service area and he walked over and joined me. He was dressed as a security guard. We discussed the Supra and I took him for a test drive. After a few minutes I turned off the M23 at junction 10 and on the roundabout we stopped, got out of the car and discussed more details. He wanted to have a drive. He was quite insistent and intimidating so I handed over the keys. He jumped in the car and rushed off in a hurry before I could stop him.

I hailed a driver immediately and telephoned 999 at approximately

8.15pm.

Lets hope the insurance company pay out!

Regards

Mr pissed off from Shoreham by sea

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be interesting is one fitted a PIN Code box in the sup so that the correct pin needs to be entered before the car would even start.
I've got something like that on my 98 VVTi. It's called BlackJax or something. It's an add-on to the Clifford alarm. It's a pain in the arse most of the time so I've turned it off but it would be worth enabling when you're meeting a potential buyer like in this case.

I've got something like that on my 98 VVTi. It's called BlackJax or something. It's an add-on to the Clifford alarm. It's a pain in the arse most of the time so I've turned it off but it would be worth enabling when you're meeting a potential buyer like in this case.

Recently turned my Blackjax on but changed the code to just 2 digits. ive kinda got used to it now, and think if something like this ever did (touch wood) happen, he should be stranded with the car a couple of mile down the road.

bad luck mate, hope you get a payout from the insurers!

thats harsh...

One of my mates worked as a security guard in New Zealand, they have little buttons that they carry, which when pressed sends some stupid number of volts through the handle of the cash box they were just carrying... Might be an idea for drivers side seat in a supra...

I have Black jax as well. I don't see it as a pain at all. It is as much of a habit to punch in the code as putting on my seatbelt.

That guy needs to change his story if he wants an insurance payout. I believe by handing the keys over he has voided his insurance im sure in the shock he forgot to mention he was hit on the head by the thief and then had his keys taken from him ;)