The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RPS Cyn-R-G Segmented Flywheel & RPS Sport Clutch with Sprung Hub

supRo

I've just had this setup fitted on Saturday, thanks to Mark at Phoenix who did a great job as usual.

I'm really happy with this setup! The flywheel hardly makes any noise! I think most people will only notice it if I tell them I've got a lightened flywheel. The RPS flywheel is a bit heavier than the other lightened flywheel so gives more dampening.

The clutch isn't as bad as I thought it would be, I went for a paddle clutch. London driving will be a pain though! The clutch pedal is softer than stock setup! I've had stock clutch and flywheel before and then a stock flywheel with a clutch rebuilt by Chris Wilson with a TRD cover plate.

I went for this setup as I'm intending to be a frequent visitor to Santa Pod next year and I do aggressive launches.

I got all the Kit from MVP in the US. The clutch, Flywheel, new Flywheel bolts, the two bearings, the two snap rings, delivery and Import duty came to about £720. It was delivered to me within a week of placing the order :)

Will be intresting to know how you get on with this set up as this is what I am currently looking at for my n/a, so is it the 6 puck paddle clutch you have got in there then.. what is it like driving in traffic engagement wise?

Yes mate, It's the RPS (Sport) 6 puck paddle clutch and it's the Sprung version which has a bit more dampening. I'm still getting used to it. Obviously it's more harsh than a normal clutch. Clutch is either on or off so first gear and reverse is quite jerky. However I've noticed you can get a smoother clutch engagement with slightly higher revs. In the other gears you don't notice it as much. I think you will get annoyed if you do constant heavy traffic driving. I think I won't notice it once I'm used to it and it maybe a little smoother once it has broken in.

I've been told by MVP to do normal road driving for 500 miles upto 4K revs to break it in and if I want extra longevity then a further 500 miles upto 5K revs.

If you are concerned by the negative effects of a paddle clutch then perhaps consider the RPS Max clutch with street disc.

If you are concerned by the negative effects of a paddle clutch then perhaps consider the RPS Max clutch with street disc.

The street disk for the na only holds 440 of torque, quite a bit less than the tt item.. this is why I will probably have to go with the paddle clutch

Man you get through a lot of clutches! :D

What happened to the CW rebuilt one? Did you wear it out or what?

Yes! I wore out the rebuilt CW clutch with TRD cover plate! I've gone for the new setup hoping that it suits my driving style:d

The street disk for the na only holds 440 of torque, quite a bit less than the tt item.. this is why I will probably have to go with the paddle clutch

What sort of power are you running?

What is your driving style and do you do hard launches?

Is it your daily driver and do you do alot of town driving?

i thought you would have gone for the max seris type?? that what i have with the rps cyng flywheel.

There is 3 stages on the max seris clutches

stage 1 440 ft lb of torque

stage 2 650 ft lb

stage 3 825 ft lb

thats the torque it can hold and take i believe :eyebrows: i went for stage 3 the higher the stage the harder the pedel and more bite etc.

I love this set up and i'm so far very pleased :)

What sort of power are you running?

Boostlogic T61 @ 0.8 bar so probably 400, but hoping to get 1.2-1.4 by summer

What is your driving style and do you do hard launches?

Want to do some dragging this next year, so will need to take a bit of abuse

Is it your daily driver and do you do alot of town driving?

Daily driver and yes fair bit of town driving