The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hi all!

Guest celicadave

Guest celicadave

thinking of upgrading my gen6 gt celica to a supra! have had 4 Celia's but don't like the gen7 shape:Pling: thinking of a non turbo,wondered what they perform like compared to my gt?

Guest celicadave

:eyebrows:

of all the things you could say on a Supra site... V6 indeed.. how we laughed..

oh, and :welcome:

What kind of power is a Gen 6 Celica GT putting out?

approx 175bhp ..0 to 60 7.9 sec and about 135+mph

but its flat as a pancake below 4thou and kicks above 5thou to about 7500revs ..you have to drive it like a stolen car to get moving;)

Guest celicadave

hi all again!! have read that the auto box is excellent! would you recommend it compaired to manual and does it use more fuel with the auto:shrug:

I have an auto and can recommend it definately, although ive never driven a manual supra all my previous cars have been manual, and i love the supra, its great having two hands on the wheel all the time when cornering. The power is very smooth, and feels constant, there appears no let off in the power as the gear change is that quick. Ive noticed it pulls away from other cars purely because of the quick gear change, even when your not gunning it! Its nothing like any other auto. If your getting auto id get Uk brakes tho as it takes a while to get used to not having as much engine braking when decelerating, thats the only thing but you can get round it by using the box in manual mode or just putting into 2.

Dont think it uses more fuel at all, mines good on fuel, although mpg goes down a lot when using Tub2 or going over 4k revs!

Ive found the supra gets up to speed with ease tho so your mpg isnt too bad as you dont have to go up the rev counter as much. This is the reason why ive not found the soop that bad on fuel!