The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Youngest Supra owners? Where did you get insurance?

Guest Spawn

As it says on the tin.

20 years old, and I have a very very good quote for a uk spec supra.. but they will not touch me on an import :S

Just wondering about you younger owners out there. Where did you get your insurace?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As it says on the tin.

20 years old, and I have a very very good quote for a uk spec supra.. but they will not touch me on an import :S

Just wondering about you younger owners out there. Where did you get your insurace?

Im 20 now was 19 when i got one, I used adrian flux, if youve got a NCB it defintely will help but if you go with adrian flux, you will get insured, but i dont know the price of what it will be though. Whats your cheapest quote so far??

Also they ask if you are a member of any groups, because you are the price will be cut down a bit. Just say your membership number.

Silver 94 J-spec n/a

18'' Gewalt gold racing alloys

Lowered

Limited slip diff

Blitz nur spec cat back

HKS front pipe

2nd cat removed and as noisy as hell!! :eyebrows:

And lots more to come.......

Guest smallpaul

i used max power at the back of the mag as most of them scan various companys to get quotes. they all recamended highway but a long story later i ended up with budjet and at 25 years old with a import and no no claims bonus im paying £1300 which aint bad. its a n/a too by the way.

24yr old, 7yrs no-claims, Supra-TT quotes:

I've had a quote of about £400-450 FC on a UK non-modded car.

On a non-modded import best quote was just into 4 figures.

Both quotes from Confused.com. Sky promised to better both figures, but as i don't own the car yet i didnt bother following up.

OK you ready for this...........For a Jap Spec TT auto GZ

im 21 with ABSOLUTELY NO NO-CLAIMS, I pay around £1300 with Elephant for a ten month policy. Never had a crash though, and no points. Just never built an no claims up as have always been on other peoples policies.

Limited mileage of 4000 though... But on a 11 year old car with 60k on the clock im not worried about that.

Take 2 random oldies, and add them as second and third driver as long as they have been driving for ages, and have no points you will be fine with admiral/ elephant.

What is intesting is that elephant will insure me on a MR2 Turbo fully comp for £750!!! now thats a bargain at 21!!

Adrian Flux couldnt get anywhere near that.. Im going to try sky at next renewal, but will most likely stay with elephant or admiral.

Another thing is..... my car is not modified in anyway..... why medal with perfection??:D

Yeah, Adding parents etc is what I do.

at 19 with 2years ncb I payed 1600 ish for my MR2 N/a

My quote for a UK spec Supra with 3 years ncb at 20 years old is 1300 ish... I didnt think that w as bad at all... compared with what I payed before.

I know some guys my age payed over 2k to get insured on an MR2! Why you would pay that much I dont know.

So Sky and Lancaster(?) are the ones to try? Maybe Adrian Flux? AF was pretty poor for me before iirc.

I need tp find a UK model - otherwise I may have to wait! Or search around insurers :) Gaining hope though, as I hear of a few more company's you guys have used :)

So I will possibly be the youngest (or one of) owner when I buy? :)

How much did you pay at 19???

Id rather not say, everybody would think its an extortionate amount, put it this way its NOT worth more than the supe but at my age i dont have a mortgage but i do pay bills and because i have a quite a good wage packet, its affordable. The good thing is, when i started the policy i had to pay a deposit for the first three months so at the end of it, i basically get that money for the deposit back as ive got the last three months off. Im definetly gonna try elephant though, it'll probably be cheaper. Fingers crossed :D

Also to add, i was quite lucky to get insured on the supe cos i think that was the only company i would have got insured on as everywhere else, you have to be 25!!

Silver 94 J-spec n/a

18'' Gewalt gold racing alloys

Lowered

Limited slip diff

Blitz nur spec cat back

HKS front pipe

2nd cat removed and as noisy as hell!! :eyebrows:

And lots more to come.........

im 19.

Paying 1600 Fully comp with Elephant on UK Twin turbo.

Couldnt get insured on imports at all.

Thats insane!! 19 on a UK-spec. How many NCB have you got??

Ive got to go with elephant next year because its stupid what im paying now compared with you bog. And your insured on a TURBO!!

When i was 19 i was paying £2,500 with Tesco's...

I've still got the same car 7 years on and paying just over £500 now. J-Spec twin turbo with all declaired.

In fact - if you really want to cry you should add up all the bills/reciepts over the years... I've got bills and receipts for..... er - a lot.. i could of bought a ferrari or my aston//

So yes, expensive hobby, but my god its fun ;-)