The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbo On :-)

Marty

Banged my turbo on and plumbed the oil feed, return etc up today :)

Didnt take very long, took longer going out and searching for the nuts and bolts i needed to bolt the turbo onto the manifold. Its safe to say b+q, homebase, and other diy shops etc, are crap, not one stocked hex head 10mm bolts, which is a very common size IMO.

I managed to find some in halfords, but 50mm too big, and at £1.30 each, thieving fookers :blink:

Anyway, rant about bolts over .. ;)

Tomorrow the downpipe and midpipe are going on, then re-attach my exhaust to the car, and bolt it to the midpipe. Will also bolt on the wideband afr sensor and o2 sensor.

Monday is Map Ecu, oil change and plugs day.

Tuesday is wastegate, boost controller and any other boost/vaccum pipes plumbing up day.

And the rest of the week im going to have fun trying to plumb up my skyline greddy 3row :help:

Hopefully the beast should be alive for the end of next week :D

All i need to do now is invest in a blow off valve, and decide where to put it, hmm.

04112006259.jpg

Don't heat wrap the runners on this manifold, it'll end up cracking. Just wrap the down pipe and use a BL turbo blanket. Good to see your finally getting there :thumbs:

Thanks for the advice Lee, yup its taken a while, but im getting there now :) the end is in sight thank god.

My downpipe is 'extreme 2000 black heat coated', by phr, so do i still need to heatwrap it?

I'll defo be popping a blanket on the blower :thumbs:

Edited.. yup ive noticed the intake pipe doesnt fit, so im going to cut them pipes off, put a thread and them some bolts in them :)

Ive got the phr downpipe and midpipe so it should fit ok.... it cost enough!

Its the xs manifold. With a 10mm spacer plate, to raise the turbo up slightly so normal downpipes and midpipes will line up properly.

Thanks for the advice Lee, yup its taken a while, but im getting there now :) the end is in sight thank god.

My downpipe is 'extreme 2000 black heat coated', by phr, so do i still need to heatwrap it?

I'll defo be popping a blanket on the blower :thumbs:

Edited.. yup ive noticed the intake pipe doesnt fit, so im going to cut them pipes off, put a thread and them some bolts in them :)

Ive got the phr downpipe and midpipe so it should fit ok.... it cost enough!

Its the xs manifold. With a 10mm spacer plate, to raise the turbo up slightly so normal downpipes and midpipes will line up properly.

You do realise that a PHR manifols is clocked? The XSpower one points straight forward which means your downpipe isn't going to line up

Also no need to cut the pipes off the water neck, they just pull out with a pair of grips or something similar, then you can drill and tap them

You do realise that a PHR manifols is clocked? The XSpower one points straight forward which means your downpipe isn't going to line up

Also no need to cut the pipes off the water neck, they just pull out with a pair of grips or something similar, then you can drill and tap them

yeah lee is right yourdown pipe will not line up i had mine clocked dont do that to the water pipe looks so botched in my opinon you want one like this

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=84147

but loking good mate and good choice on the tubby

I didnt realise that no, but it still will fit no worries :) the downpipe has v-bands both ends, meaning i can rotate the downpipe so it will fit on to a straight turbo, without the midpipe moving out of the correct position, ive just tried it on the lounge floor:)

But thanks for the concen ;)

It does look a bit of a bodge i agree, i was being lazy. I'll drill and tap it i think, or maybe weld it. Them welded ones are nice, but the whole bling thing isnt my cup of tea to be honest :)

I had to drill n tap mine, the intake pipe is 4inch so had i no other way.

Couldn't even jam a flea down that gap mate!! Looks good though. Any excuse to put up pics hey?:D

I checked the intake pipe on mine, and it catches, but nothing like yours. If mine didnt catch, id leave it how it is :D Im after functionality, not something pleasing to the eye, not like ive got a perspex bonnet ;) :)

Good luck with it mate, just started my conversion today :)

Getting the old stuff off is a real PITA, can't wait to get installing!

The XS power downpipe DOES fit when you use the XS power manifold. You can also use a 40deg silcon pipe to move the intake away form the water elbow, they're about £56 for the 4in, about £30 for the 3in.

EDIT: The above info I posted about the the XS Power downpipe is incorrect. The pipe is for a clocked manifold and DOES NOT fit a turbo on an XS Power manifold. Bizarre that they supply it like...

I didnt realise that no, but it still will fit no worries :) the downpipe has v-bands both ends, meaning i can rotate the downpipe so it will fit on to a straight turbo, without the midpipe moving out of the correct position, ive just tried it on the lounge floor:)

But thanks for the concen ;)

Trust me, it won't fit. You'll see what i mean when you come to fit it :(

Good luck with it mate, just started my conversion today :)

Getting the old stuff off is a real PITA, can't wait to get installing!

The XS power downpipe DOES fit when you use the XS power manifold. You can also use a 40deg silcon pipe to move the intake away form the water elbow, they're about £56 for the 4in, about £30 for the 3in.

Removing the twins is a barsteward of a job mate, prepare yourself for plenty of spanner rash! Hope your patient too. Aslong as you have lots of good tools you'll be ok, a ratchet spanner with about 3extensions and a wobble end came in very handy i found!!

Was thinking about the 40' pipe, but its more expenditure, and ive spent sooooo much :( im going to go for the drill and tap jobby i think :) my intake pipe and filter comes out at a pretty good angle anyway, wont be anywhere near the problem area ;)

All the best with your conversion mate:thumbs: