The mkiv Supra Owners Club

There comes a time when taking the tablets is the only option

vvteye

Hi Guys,

You may remember me from the threads 'Carbonisation killed my engine' :( ... followed by 'Carbonisation has now killed my gearbox'.:(

Well post engine and gearbox rebuild there was an issue with the gear changes and kickdown above the standard limit (Common problem with the vvti tip when delimiting). Those fine men at MKIVStore checked out the ecu and found a complete bloody mess... :(

This eventually lead to a complete tidy up and removal of the cheap liitle gadget to delimit and convert the speedo. (Thanks Jody). I was told that all had become beautiful again. Smooth, and fast. So off I toddle tonight to pick her up. :)

She had just come back from a final run to check the new battery (following a few days testing) and .........

....the radiator cracked. :rolleyes:

So Jody is coming in especially to replace the radiator tomorrow (God bless him) and hopefully Martin will find time to road test it before I try to pick it up again. :) :)

This car has been with me for 3 weeks in the past 12 and that was with a faulty coilpack and ignition leads during the 1000 mile run in so I haven't really had the car for 3 months.

Now I'm thinking if I don't get the car back tomorrow, I'm going to have to end it all with an overdose. I was planning to use a hosepipe pipe from the exhaust but the car just ain't reliable enough!

Am I allowed to say Bollocks at this point? :innocent:

Just think of the money you've saved on fuel while she's been out of action. If you are selling it, how much - been looking for a Supe where nothing else can go wrong!!!!:D

Tough break mate, but better days will follow!

Would be a bargain, anything that could go wrong has already gone wrong... Be years of hassle free driving for you!

Hi Guys,

You may remember me from the threads 'Carbonisation killed my engine' ... followed by 'Carbonisation has now killed my gearbox'

Well post engine and gearbox rebuild there was an issue with the gear changes and kickdown above the standard limit (Common problem with the vvti tip when delimiting). Those fine men at MKIVStore checked out the ecu and found a complete bloody mess...

This eventually lead to a complete tidy up and removal of the cheap liitle gadget to delimit and convert the speedo. (Thanks Jody). I was told that all had become beautiful again. Smooth, and fast. So off I toddle tonight to pick her up.

She had just come back from a final run to check the new battery (following a few days testing) and .........

....the radiator cracked.

So Jody is coming in especially to replace the radiator tomorrow (God bless him) and hopefully Martin will find time to road test it before I try to pick it up again.

This car has been with me for 3 weeks in the past 12 and that was with a faulty coilpack and ignition leads during the 1000 mile run in so I haven't really had the car for 3 months.

Now I'm thinking if I don't get the car back tomorrow, I'm going to have to end it all with an overdose. I was planning to use a hosepipe pipe from the exhaust but the car just ain't reliable enough!

You could just buy a NA and be done with it

they never let you down, reliable as a switch watch:p :p :p

Sorry couldn't resist, (not often we NA owners get to put the boot in for a change)

no offence intended

Sounds like you are having a real run of bad luck,

hopefully you'll be up and running soon, and at least you have the right guys looking after you.........and that means a lot

Those fine men at MKIVStore checked out the ecu and found a complete bloody mess... :(

Mine was a bit of a state when I got it. Nothing that couldn't be tidied up though with some soldering and heat shrink.

Don't be so daft, it's only money. The car will be 'mint' afterwards with many years service I'm sure.

Would be a bargain, anything that could go wrong has already gone wrong... Be years of hassle free driving for you!

Bargain you say. :rolleyes:

So that's £12K for the car, £600 for first service and disks, £800 for rltc, £6,800 total rebuild costs, total £20,200.

The hassle free driving can only come when I have paid the credit card off!

Off to get the tablets now. First time I've added it up!
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif

On the invoice (amongst other things)

1 Coilpack £85

1 Ignition leads (VVT-i) £72.14

Coil pack resistance half of the other two and leads arcing noted in the dark.

Still confused?

No mate, all is clear now. I was getting things confused in my tiny mind.

Not having much luck with her are you Jon, Never mind all will be good, Looks like your going to have to keep her for a few years :D

Good luck bud.

Nearly there though... looks like the temp sensor was knackered.... might have her back Monday. (Good ole JodyT)

I get the angole on you names now

Lime in the COKEKANE 3000

Speedy little devil aint ya!

Nearly there though... looks like the temp sensor was knackered.... might have her back Monday. (Good ole JodyT)

I get the angole on you names now

Lime in the COKEKANE 3000

Speedy little devil aint ya!

Know how you feel Jon, wish i had never started the rebuild, but hopfully am approaching the light at the end of the tunnel now:p

Know how you feel Jon, wish i had never started the rebuild, but hopfully am approaching the light at the end of the tunnel now:p

I've been out of the tunnel twice, only to go straight back in again!;)

One day, just one day, we'll both be side by side, watching all the smokers thinking.... it was worth it in the end!

Guest Nicholas
You could just buy a NA and be done with it

they never let you down, reliable as a switch watch:p :p :p

Sorry couldn't resist, (not often we NA owners get to put the boot in for a change)

no offence intended

Sounds like you are having a real run of bad luck,

hopefully you'll be up and running soon, and at least you have the right guys looking after you.........and that means a lot

Don't you mean swiss watch? :)

Stick with it matey it'll be worthwhile... The trophy girls you get with owning a supra are fantastic!!