The mkiv Supra Owners Club

This cold weather

Jezz

I've just been for a little play to see how much difference the chill in the air makes to boost characteristics. HOLY MOLY!! Number 1 boosting at 11psi (.8) and both boosting at 19psi (1.3!!!!??). Can really feel the difference. Anyone else having noticeable gains? Feels crazy quick but then again my car doesnt usually see the road past october jap show.

I've just been for a little play to see how much difference the chill in the air makes to boost characteristics. HOLY MOLY!! Number 1 boosting at 11psi (.8) and both boosting at 19psi (1.3!!!!??). Can really feel the difference. Anyone else having noticeable gains? Feels crazy quick but then again my car doesnt usually see the road past october jap show.

Couldnt say for the Supra as I dont pick it up till next week, but my boxster certainly is getting more power in the cold, feels much more responsive ! Why cant it be like that in the summer :( lol

Couldnt say for the Supra as I dont pick it up till next week, but my boxster certainly is getting more power in the cold, feels much more responsive ! Why cant it be like that in the summer :( lol

Wait until you've driven a BPU car in even colder weather... The boost and spool hike is awesome ;) It's RWD fun for the next 4 months :D

When the temps hit the minus numbers it gets rediculous :innocent:

Edit - where are you in Gloucester, I'm a local lad myself from the hick town of Newent.

Im with you Homer, BPU is fun in this weather but bloody hell do you have to be carfull!!

I was driving past my Director last night, he egged me on so I though I would give her a little squirt. Next thing I know im about 45 deg across the road looking through the passenger window. However TC was switched of so I just kept it planted.

Must have looked SOOO cool from the outside!

But it was brown trouser time inside.

:p god yeah,pulled out the top of my road this morning,usual throttle,next thing side ways drift,and my neigbour was walking her dog on the otherside,she stopped and gave me a clap and big smile!.thing was i didnt even ean to do it!.was thinking of putting supe to bed over the salty season but now im thinking

This weather is excellent. Bone dry so just enough traction, yet the FMIC is working so much better! Play time :D

I'm a local lad myself from the hick town of Newent.

Thornbury myself (Home of the MKIV Store ;)). Not really Gloucestershire, sort of forced into being a Gloucestershirearian when Avon was deleted from the map!

Doesn't The Hamster live very close to Newent??

The cold certainly makes a difference on my HKS kit

Better still now with my cold air feed pipe straight in from the front,

Even on standard cars you notice the difference

How many people say " my car goes better at night " just proves that cold air is more dense = more power

My in laws live in Spain and its so hot,

All their cars drive awful no power heavy on fuel ... sucking in all that nice hot air in

Mine did too this morning.............. Once i got in the bloody thing

What is it with every bloody import i've owned,

first sight of a frost and the locks freeze and the doors weld themselves to the door rubbers

Ah - remote start is my friend :)

Hm need an fcd now,keep hitting 1 bar and BANG! :D

That's no good, get it sorted Douggie.

Doesn't The Hamster live very close to Newent??

Sorry chap, missed this post. Yes Hamster lives in Redmarley (just outside of Newent), my folks know him and his wife fairly well as until a month ago they lived a couple of doors down. As mentioned before he's a bloody nice fella and is every bit his TV persona in real life.