The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tracker any good ?

Supe

I've just been told of the previous owner that the car has a tracker fitted. He is offering me the Registration/Transfer details etc.

Dont know, if its worth activating it/taking advantage of it or just leaving it in there wherever it is :rolleyes:

Will it make any difference to my Insurance ? and what are the benefits and disadvantages of these.

Thanks to everyone, Im always helped here :D

I think they are a great idea, at work i have seen/heard about a lot of cars getting stolen and them being recovered. Th routine seems to be, steal car and then leave it for a couple of weeks to check it doesnt have a tracker.

If its already fitted, its only about £300 for a life time membership....or £100 a yr.

What have you got to loose, providing you want the car back if its stolen!

when my car was trailered to Phoenix last week,

Tracker were on the phone within two minutes of it being driven off on the low loader..........no brainer really, does what it says on the tin:)

John

we have the same set-up with our work vehicles :) they record speed distance and location. but its amazing how easily you can disarm trackers if you know how they work:innocent:

:yeahthat: can they have a random check on your speed or can it act as proof against yourself, if you want a bit of fun with Boost :eyebrows:

No standard trackers only detect location of vehicle when they have been activated (ie when reported stolen)

the one we use at work are for fleet management it records speeds and location which can be checked via computer even afterwards.