The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello Everyone

Rowland

Hello Everyone!

The events of a really bad day have been the spur I needed to get off my backside and say hello on here!

Bought myself a very nice silver UK spec supra about 5 weeks ago. It's everything I ever dreamed it would be since I first saw one 6 years ago and decided it was the car for me. Will get some pics up when I've cleaned it up a bit (*ahem* - oops...).

Now to the bad news and some thanks. I had a blow out on the drivers side front tyre today on my way home from work along the M27. I want to say a thank you to both of the mkIV Supra drivers who stopped to offer help. If they're on here it was a great comfort in my time of need! :) Fingers crossed I will never need to return the favour.

However, a quick trip on the back of an AA low loader to the nearby Kwik-Fit soon had me back on the road, once they had replaced the tyre and inflated the other three. Some b*****d must have let them let them down... I reckon I was quite lucky not to come to serious harm but in all fairness to the car, all that happened was the ride got really bumpy when it blew. I had no problem controlling or manouvering at 70...

Phew, I feel a bit better for that rant! Hopefully, everything I post from now on will be more positive.

Rowland

P.S. Did I mention that I didn't have the key for the locking wheel nut with me? Doh! Won't be making that mistake again.

Back home at last after a looooong day at work, no unfortunate incidents today though. Apart from the fact that my work is rather hard on internet access, so my attempts to post this morning were blocked.

This is what I attempted to post earlier...

Hey!

Thanks for all the welcomes, advice and wheely bad jokes! I dealt with the stress of yesterday evening by the using the time honoured method of going down the pub with some mates. I'm now sat at work feeling 'ok-ish'. The KwikFit guy gave the tyres a quick once over but I took my old car today anyway and will get the tyres on the Surpa checked out thoroughly tomorrow.

Thanks again to SonicSoop and the as yet unidentified driver. I didn't think to check out his registration so apart from a few details like an aftermarket spoiler with writing on the side and the colour silver I can't identify them. :(

As for you guys being a sarcastic bunch and speaking as someone who must have driven for about five minutes with four flat tyres going "hmm, something doesn't seem quite right" before one of them blew up I am probably due for some sarcasm!

Oh well, better do some work I suppose.

Rowland

A bit more info for you...

It's the standard UK model in silver, 1993 L reg 2JZ-GTE engine, car unmodified apart from a respray from red to silver a fair distance in the past, so I have the cream leather interior.

:welcome:

Welcome Rowland!

You're in with a good bunch here pal. I'm still looking for my Supe but I was debating whether to get one or not as I have we have 2 cars already. After looking at this site for a couple of months I'm hooked and there is no doubt about getting one!

Remember though being sarcastic is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence!!!:cool:

H.

Found the pics from the garage that I bought the car from. They are pretty good even with the black stuff they sprayed on the tyres making them look a bit odd due to the uneven colouring. Had to wipe the black finger marks off the wings when they weren't looking after I inspected the wheels!

Having read a fair few posts here though I have to say I think I agree with the people who prefer the car without the 'horns' for the headlamp watercanons, erm I mean washers...

:)

Rowland

silversupra_4_small.jpg

silversupra_1_small.jpg

silversupra_2_small.jpg

silversupra_3_small.jpg