The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bas*ard Supra!!!!!!!

Dave Haggas

My guess would be coming from the boot area could well be boot rubbers

Replaced them.Still a rodent noise.Need some one close by to come and drive it while I attempt to "catch" it,anyone?Thinking it could be the electrical lead that riuns inside the LHS of the tailgate,as my last supra was noisy there........

You did change the small boot rubbers? Not the big rubber seal?

Yup those small ones in the channel either side of the boot.What a mare of a job as well,had to cut the rubber,hammer the base plate flat and get the mole grips on the ba*stard bolts that were rusted in.Why did I buy a uk car.And no Jazz there isnt a mole in the car either.:p

Give it me I will look after it :) Oh and have you tried WD40

I put silicone spray on the boot seal and silicone grease on the rubber blocks and the catch Max.I removed the multichanger that the muppets at toyota would have fitted and foam mounted that,cable tied all the wires within the tailgate.I did the same to all the wires under all the boot trim.put sticky-backed foam on the board where it was rubbing the face of the spare wheel.The rear seats seem abit loose but it sounds further to the rear of the car?Thought of exhaust rubbers and then thought,F*ck it.......:rolleyes:

Have you still got the polystyrene bits and bobs in the boot ? What about the spare wheel ?

How are the screws on the interior panel, tight ?

Tracking it down is a pain, but if you can rope someone in to crawling about in the back while you drive you should sort it.

Have you still got the polystyrene bits and bobs in the boot ? What about the spare wheel ?

How are the screws on the interior panel, tight ?

Tracking it down is a pain, but if you can rope someone in to crawling about in the back while you drive you should sort it.

Yeah removed the polystyrene nonsense to no avail,checked all the screws as well.Trying to get the wife to drive it whilst I fiddle in the rear!Can you believe she is insured to drive it but says it is too big!(the car.....)Needless to say she wont drive it.:rolleyes: