The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this a scam

Guest shaunb

I recently put my supra up for sale in auto trader via the internet,today i had someone called calvin from calvin autos e-mail me saying he wanted to buy it at the price i had it advertised for {£5950},he asked a few questions about the car ect and wanted some more pictures ect,he then said he had a to ship it to australia for a client.He said he would send me a bankers draft for £10500,which i had to pay into my bank,and after 3 or 4 days when it had cleared could i deduct my money £5950 and forward the rest to his shipping agent then they will pick up the supra.Has anyone ever heard of this or could it be genuine.He did give me his mobile number but when i called him the reception was so bad i could not understand him very well and he said use e-mail to contact him.All he asked me was my address and name the bankers draft should be made payable to.

Any body ever heard of this.

Thanks a lot,i expect theywill contact me,with a letter or something saying can you send £100 to their agent before they send the bankers draft.Got you. cheers.

The bankers draft is a fake. You only know this when your bank rejects it days later.

Meanwhile you've sent the extra £4K to a 'shipping agent' from your bank by electronic transfer... so you're £4k down.

If you're really unlucky someone comes and takes your car too so you loose everything. A neighbour had this when selling his Pulsar GTIR. He lost the lot.

Heres the latest 419 just got this yesterday...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Would you like to work online from home, temporarily and get paid weekly?

If yes. We are glad to offer you a job position in our company,[bachan Enterprises PVT Ltd.] As part of our Multi Level Marketing Network, we seek capable individuals to work for us as our International representative In United Kingdom.

This offer as our company representative can be taken as a part time job as it has no negative effect on your present job status.

Bachan Enterprises PVT Ltd. is a leading company in India engaged in Manufacturing of Induction hardened rolls and roll assemblies, various kinds of machine rolls, mills and various shafts. Our major productions include Steel rolling mills, Paper Mills, Tube Mills, Textile Mills. We also manufacture Shafts, Spindles, Piston Rods, Shearing Shafts, Drive Shafts. Located in IMT Manesar- Gurgaon near New Delhi capital of India. PS Rolls is the leading name in roll manufacturing companies.

Your task is to coordinate payments from customers and help us with the payment process. You are not involved in any sales. Our sales manager sells products and products are delivered to our customer via FEDEX COURIER SERVICES. On Receipt of the delivery the customer is required to pay for the products.

Majority of our customers prefer to pay through Bank Transfers and sometimes through Certified bank cheque based on the amount involved. We have decided to open this new job position to expand the company network and ease the company operation.

On receipt of any payment on behalf of our company from our customers, You are requested to initiate banking procedures, deduct your contract fee of 10% and remit our balance to us either via Western Union Money Transfer or Money Gram following detailed transfer instruction

Note:

The average monthly income is about ?10,000 , and this job takes only 3-7 hours per week.

This job is very challenging and you should understand it. We are looking only for the Honest and Open ? Hearted Individual who satisfies our requirements and glad to offer this job position to you.

If our proposal interest you, Do get back to us with your detailed information as listed below.

Full Names:

Full Contact Address:

City:

Zip Code:

State:

Home Phone:

Cell Phone:

Marital Status:

Thanks for your Co-operation

Dr Dravid Rahul

Kh. No 744,Mehrauli - Gurgaon Road

Ghitorni, New Delhi - 110030, India

Tel:+919871152908

Fax:+919891514467

[email protected]

http://bachanenterprises.4mg.com

----------------------------------------------

so basically you cash a load of dodgey bank drafts into your account, keep 10% and send the rest on...then not only have you been scammed, your liable for the lot lol

Thanks to every one who replied to my last message on is this a scam.Well it is a scam,the bankers draft is stolen they send to you,after 4 days you withdraw the money they want you to send to a shipping agent,and send it via western union to their agent,then it can take up to 6 months to find out the draft was stolen by the bank and you are held responsible for the amount.So you loose the car and are in debt as well.Look at website

http://www.4x4web.co.uk/scamexamples.html

Thanks to everyone who sent messages in,i am saved from alot of hassle.Beware to anyone else.