The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quickie fuel pump question....

Jim_1979

Why would you think that it's not good or not as good as the walbro??

It's rated the same and a member on here also has the pump and says it's fine. (flukey-lukey)

I also have another freind with a different car who has an uprated fuel pump which isn't walbro either and his car's fine.

You a label junkie?? .... ;)

I'll happily be the guinee pig!!.... lol

But just because 98% of members have used the Walbro and not any other pump doesn't mean that there are no other decent pumps out there. Simply that the Walbro is a tried and tested pump.

If my engine goes pop! ... I'll be the first to put my hands up and say I'm a spacka!

and who said any pump other than Walbro isn't a quality item?
Nobody. What's your point?

If you're not going to upgrade to a known good alternative I can't understand why you would bother. At least you know the stock pump is OE quality. Putting a £20 eBay special in there is not likely to be an upgrade either in performance or longevity.

If my engine goes pop! ... I'll be the first to put my hands up and say I'm a spacka!
It'll be close ;)

It cost me £25 from ebay... but it does normally cost more than this if bought away from ebay. It's not some "oh look I made a fuel pump in my bedroom, now I'm gona sell it" effort.

A more freindly response would have been....

"ah, that was cheap. Not heard of that pump before. Hope it's ok, let me know how it goes" :sly:

END OF!! :D

It cost me £25 from ebay... but it does normally cost more than this if bought away from ebay. It's not some "oh look I made a fuel pump in my bedroom, now I'm gona sell it" effort.

A more freindly response would have been....

"ah, that was cheap. Not heard of that pump before. Hope it's ok, let me know how it goes" :sly:

Thanks for the lesson in manners. I thought I was being very diplomatic and friendly. I actually think you're taking a daft gamble just to save yourself a few quid because you're a tight-fisted Jock.

END OF!! :D

If you say so, Jimmy ;)

Why would you think that it's not good or not as good as the walbro??

It's rated the same and a member on here also has the pump and says it's fine. (flukey-lukey)

I also have another freind with a different car who has an uprated fuel pump which isn't walbro either and his car's fine.

You a label junkie?? .... ;)

The guy who sold me mine is a MR2 expert (rebuilds them for a living) and says the TRE pump is just as good quality as a walbro. I've had mine on the car for around 4 months now and no problems whatsoever.