The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone fitted facelifted lights to pre-facelift car?

Rayman

Has anyone done this, im just wondering what the norm is when fitting them as the facelifted headlights dont have the sidelight spot in the headlight.

So do you wire the sidelights down to where they normally are on a facelift car?

Any ideas or suggestions would be great!

Jazz1, noticed youve fitted some already in your seibon bonnet thread, how are you putting sidelights in and where?

Robsheffield too, looking at your garage you have full facelift lights on a 95? Presuming youve got them wired up to work like a normal facelift supra?

:rlol:
beware of the noobs!
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif

That wound me up, ive been searching for a good 20mins already and for someone to come and tell me to use the f**kn search button. WTF!

I know there's one thread on here that i found yesterday but can i find it today, no. Grrrr!!!

it blatantly hasn't been covered 'loads of times'.... rears maybe, but not headlights...

someone who knows will spot this... mine is a facelift so I'm no use.. :)

Thanks for backing me up, swapping facelifts indicators is covered lots, but im on about the actual headlights. Most people just refurb their normal pre-95 headlight to facelift style. I have a set of facelift style that i want to fit to a 95 supra.

What about using the light in the face lift indicators? I can't remember if mine come on with the sidelights or fogs though :(

Yes i think i would have to buy a set of facelift indicators and solder new wire from my side light now down to the indicator housing(near the smic). My other option would be getting rid of the fog light (Far left bulb i think) on the headlight and putting indicators in there, not sure if this has been done before?

I think you have a couple of choices.

Buy facelift indicators and the accompanying looms and one part of the indicator will be your sidelight.

Play with your wiring so the fog light is your sidelight.(I don't know if this is legal but thats what i run at the moment)

Here you go http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=67299&highlight=wiring+indicators Matt's is the same as mine with extra side lights in the new indicators. Do that Rayman and you can dump the side lights in your head lights :) Job done.

Thanks Burna that is helpful, easy to search for if you know what your looking for i was searching under headlight mostly not indicators!

The above post mentions a guide, did he get round to doing that i wonder?

Buy facelift indicators and the accompanying looms and one part of the indicator will be your sidelight.

Yes this is the best option now ive seen it can be done, still unsure on the wiring but i will get in contact with MattH to see how its done if there is no guide.

Cheers guys and sheefa!;)

Yes this is the best option now ive seen it can be done, still unsure on the wiring but i will get in contact with MattH to see how its done if there is no guide.

Cheers guys and sheefa!;)

I wired mine so one side of the indicator came on with the fog lights as they were the perfect height. It is quite straight forward if you have the lights on a table and can trace where the wires are going.

Yes i think i would have to buy a set of facelift indicators and solder new wire from my side light now down to the indicator housing(near the smic). My other option would be getting rid of the fog light (Far left bulb i think) on the headlight and putting indicators in there, not sure if this has been done before?

My Facelift lights are being refurbed by Jon, I still havent got the side lights in my car so will be doing what you just mentioned as soon as I receive my lights,

I have asked Jon if replacing the fog lights with sidelights would be a good Idea and he replied they wont be as clear as they should be so its not the best option!

He has been doing lights for a while now and knows his job ;) so I did as he sugested.

If you fit facelift headlights to a pre-facelift Supra you will also want to fit the facelift style front indicators and sidelights. Apart from the fact that sidelights are a legal requirement, the prefacelift indicators look shit. If you're going to the expensive of making your car look like a facelift one you may as well do the indicators too.

Personally I would rather have the UK headlights than the facelift ones :shrug: