The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thrill of the Supra-- 360 vs Supra Vid

Guest ahmedjbh

Guest ahmedjbh

Hi guys,

I been saving for about 6 months now to get a decent supra, I got married and that dented my savings, but im back and ready to buy.

Now I was hoping for some advice, im not a pro driver or after the quickest 0-60 etc etc. I want a fun, enjoyable supra.

I want all the sound,aggression and theatre of the supra.

Now if i go and buy a stock tt auto or manual, will I get that?

For example, in this video the noise and ambience of the supra is amazing, even if it was slower, or lost to that ferrari I wouldnt care.

http://videos.streetfire.net/mostdiscussed/1/wm/d998628e-2eb1-4903-a614-99cf30b38b08.htm

How different is the stock supras to that supra?

So the question is, what exactly should I be looking for, in order to get all the sound and the fun, tt6 - auto, single, what specific parts..?

For starters what was creating that fluttering sound from the supra, was it the dump valve?

Thanks guys.

Hi, nope if you buy a stock supra you won't get that sound, the one in the vid has a huge ass turbo and this changes the sound of the supra dramatically not to mention it's probably pushing near to 3 times as much power as a stock supra

It's the wastegate that's making that noise by the way which also you won't get on a supra with stock or hybrid turbo's. only large twins or single will do that.

If you have around 15K to spend you should be able to a buy an already single turboed supra probably with a manual tranny too

single + manual = you with a :)

Btw if you want too see some nice sounding vids check these out

http://thumbs.vidiac.com/4f60f765-c5c1-4178-9586-984a011e34de.jpgClick here to see Video

And

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-3029333015692009302&q=cobra+supra

The screamer pipe was responsible for the main sound coming from the car plus you could hear the turbo sucking (big single) and the flutter is the wastegate (exturnal wastegate from a big single) that car would have been pushing around 650-700ish bhp at 18psi from it's t78 turbo.

You'll need to get a big single turbo car with a nice set up to get that sound 16k +

but a stock turbo'd tt supra with nice basic mods will sound very nice non the less, just not like that.

and i beat a 360 on the road with my car when it was strong bpu :) :cool: not easy but a clear win.

Guest Terry S
that car would have been pushing around 650-700ish bhp at 18psi from it's t78 turbo.

I don't think that a T78 would get anywhere near that power @ 18psi boost! Is everyone working in "hub ;) " figures now or something????

I don't think that a T78 would get anywhere near that power @ 18psi boost! Is everyone working in "hub ;) " figures now or something????

i agree and i do mean flywheel figure not wheel hp, i was just stating this as i noticed on the vid it said 900bhp supra with t78 @18psi v ferrari 360 which made me laugh.

Guest Terry S
i agree and i do mean flywheel figure not wheel hp, i was just stating this as i noticed on the vid it said 900bhp supra with t78 @18psi v ferrari 360 which made me laugh.

It still wouldnt get 650-700 flywheel BHP on a proper dyno @ 18psi LOL. Maybe @ 28psi!

ok around 600bhp maybe less certainly less than the 900bhp they said on the video for sure, it would be somewhere 550-600ish bhp at 18psi on a good accurate dyno

Guest ahmedjbh

Thanks for the vids Tom, those cars make my face hurt from smiling.

My wife keeps telling me to stop making car noises, I feel like a child!

I have gone from wanting a na manual, to a tt auto, then a tt 6 speed, now a single manual. Each month I want the next stage in power, where will this end???

I have saved up 8k, so need a couple more months for the single.

Guest Terry S
ok around 600bhp maybe less certainly less than the 900bhp they said on the video for sure, it would be somewhere 550-600ish bhp at 18psi on a good accurate dyno

LOL I would guess between 5-550 @ 18psi on a dyno dynamics.

OT, but I see in you signature tghat you say your GT4088 has a special with anti-surge porting. Does it differ from the anti-surge that comes as standard on any GT4088R??

LOL I would guess between 5-550 @ 18psi on a dyno dynamics.

OT, but I see in you signature tghat you say your GT4088 has a special with anti-surge porting. Does it differ from the anti-surge that comes as standard on any GT4088R??

[qimg]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g179/VVTiSupra2/TerrysGT4088R.jpg[/qimg]

tried to find out and couldn't find that info that surgested that, didn't realise the r's came with antisurge standard, the gt4088 don't come with it standard but i'm guessing it will be one and the same yes :cool:

Hiya matey and welcome, 1st off have you driven a powerful rwd car before? If not i recomend not buying a single. You should be able to get a good BPU TT auto for 8K, Not sure if you will get a good 6speed for 8k tho. Good luck mate :thumbs:

agreed with above statment, save a little more and get a nice tt manual for 11kish :cool: otherwise you'll kill yourself with a car like that straight away, a mkiv tt supra is brutal as it is it has supercar performance :cool: :)