The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost controller with AEM

RobSheffield

Just use the AEM to controll boost. You need to buy a GM boost solenoid. The part no. is on the AEM website. IIRC it cost about £20.

The AEM will control boost far better than any aftermarket boost controller AFAIK as all aftermarket boost controllers read PSIG rather than PSIA, so they're effected by temperature...

I kept my HKS EVC for boost control. I could have bought a new AEM boost controller, but why ? It would have left an HKS EVC shaped hole in my dash too.

The AEM can be mapped to whatever boost and then use another controller to decide what boost you want to run. If you have a boost controller already then just use that.

Just use the AEM to controll boost. You need to buy a GM boost solenoid. The part no. is on the AEM website. IIRC it cost about £20.

The AEM will control boost far better than any aftermarket boost controller AFAIK as all aftermarket boost controllers read PSIG rather than PSIA, so they're effected by temperature...

Would it have a switch i could flick? I like switches and buttons :)

Yeah Matt, i know that its mappable to many boost levels, but i would like the option of a high/low and maybe scramble boost setting :D

From what I was told (how I understood it)...

The AEM can act as a boost controller... You can program in a switch so that you can have high low boost, good bad fuel maps, etc, etc, etc.

Basically whatever you want...

I LOVE the AEM soo much :)

Gods of AEM, im soo sorry, i have been in the dark for too long now :( I finally see the light :D

Would it have a switch i could flick? I like switches and buttons :)

Yeah Matt, i know that its mappable to many boost levels, but i would like the option of a high/low and maybe scramble boost setting :D

Yes you can have a high and low boost switch from the AEM:)

HAHA!!

Well its the main reason for my decision to go with the AEM (other than the future proofing), it has all the little addins that are so cool.

As well as traction control and launch control. Just waiting to see costs of this and how much needs to change with the 2nd lot of mods I am planning (IE. suspension and diff).

A small bank of switches that control:

boost

fuel

traction

launch

NOS??