The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cracking set of coilovers on ebay, D2 any good?

Getrag

Many bad reports of D2 coilovers over on sxoc - there were a few group buys a while back and now I often see complaints of knocking sounds from them.

IMO they look good but are not durable. They also tend to be very stiff, really a track based setup.

Cheers,

Brian.

So what coilovers are recommended then?

The best VFM coilovers IMO are the Tein Super Streets.

It really depends what you want to spend though, as there is a big choice of brands and models available to fit the Supra.

If you want any prices Ken give me a shout.

I don't know if the longevity is there with the Teins either, but that may be only relative to their past models. We'll see if people start to complain about superstreets leaking etc.

To be honest though, I think it's more a case of most Coilovers being too stiff for UK roads and so the effect of crashing over our poor road surface, potholes etc takes it's toll and wears them out. I can't help but think that if they were more compliant with more normal spring and damping rates that they wouldn't wear out so quick. I quite like the look of the H&R's (excellent value just now from MVP and TUV approved / German made) and the HKS Drag's for this reason.

Cheers,

Brian.