The mkiv Supra Owners Club

cat 1 alarms

pdg26

Hi,

when i do eventually buy a Supra i'd quite like to get a remote start system fitted; is this possible with most cat 1 alarms? i know that the 'intellistart' by Clifford is a popular one, but do other ones, e.g. Toad, Cobra, etc, exist? Does anyone have these things on their Supras?

hi - i don't have a supra yet!

but yes, of course i leave it in gear. modules like 'intellistart' detect whether the car is in gear or not (I think); obviously it's an issue! nice bit of kit though, didn't realise they were illegal in OZ - can't think why?

why is that? i thought it was just a remote control that kicks the engine in?

thinking that i'd quite like intellistart when i eventually buy a Supra. don't know much about it other than you can apparently do your heaters, AC, etc at the touch of a button. god knows how that works, surely you can't adjust the heater temp (sounds way too advanced)?

:) you dont have to leave your car running to set the Intelistart, its a remote starting device and fitted, it wont start IF the car is left in gear has alsorts of electronics to stop it doing that :cool:

The way you leave the car when you turn it off determins what set up (ie fan temp,radio on,lights on or off etc etc ) it starts in ....hope thats clear LOL

Cheers

Ian

i have the clifford intellistart, although only used it twice to scare the shit out of a couple of kids admiring the car:D , but it will not start if you leave in gear, it also wil not let anyone drive away in it untill the key goes in and turned;)