The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Me vs MR2

Feakins

My mate has recently brought an MR2 Turbo T Bar. From what i've read they are quicker than my manual TT on a 1/4 mile but not from a rolling start.

However we have had a few duels recently all from 2nd geat and i'd say their dead even. Maybe mine slightly quicker in 4th gear.

All I have is front decat so standard performance and all he has is a Cat-Back exhaust.

Does this sound right? I don't have a boost guage so I can't tell what BAR im at.

MR2s are fast cars, but nothing compared to a supra TT, yes they will most likely beat a supra off the line, they have small turbos that hit ful boost by 3k rpm, and are more suited to bursts of power rather than out and out speed.

Mine is running 1.1 bar at the moment, and its great fun, but at the end of the day its just a 2l turbo, unfortunatly when running more than standard boost when you get to around 5.5k rpm it starts to trail off on the earlier models.

Friend used to have a red UK TT and from a standing start i was ahead, not by much, until we hit about 40 ish, then he was gone :cool: :cool: :cool:

yes you need to turn it off ie,

14.1 @106 at santapod with slip con on

13.0 @111 with it off

it is not needed and will not help in my opinion it makes the car more dnagerous

turn it off off off :D

just means you can't put your foot flat to the floor you have to feed the power in and feel for grip when learn and done correctly the car will go much quicker and launch much quicker :)

i would say it is easier to get the power down in the mr2 turbo which is why it is quicker up to say 60-70mph. with the engine being in the middle and putting more weight over the back wheels, traction off the line is amazing.

the supra is more of a top end monster and will eat it up silly from 100mph+

I like your site shaf.

cheers bud. a mate drummed it up for me about 2 years ago, havent maintained it much since although im planning an update very soon..... nothing major :)

Do all your friends have MR2's or something?

yeah pretty much, well they used to. they have mostly moved on now a bit like myself. it was the car i started off on :D

As already said - slip cont OFF

This is a must when racing anyone. If it comes on just once it kills any serious power afterwards in anticipation of you wheel spinning again.

Only turn it off if it's relatively dry though! ;)

Also get the rest of your BPU done and it should be a different story altogether! :D