The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Too good to be true?

GeordieSteve

I contacted one of these "find a part" places to find a 6 speed manual box and got a text today saying that they'd found one... GREAT! I rang the (mobile) number and the guy answered with a "hello" and no company name.... hmmmm ok

He went on to tell me they have a manual in which has a few miles on it (60k) but it still works and comes with 6 months warrenty and they had another few manual in incase something did go wrong (now THAT'S rare!). He told me that'd be £350 delivered to my door... £530 for the getrag, drive shafts (which he asked if that was the front ones!), diff, prop and master & slave cylinder.

Now that seems REALLY cheap to me but I know it's been done before. My card has fraud protection... is it worth having a bash?

Can you not go there pal an collect?

Give your bank a call anyway and stress the need for immediate reversal. Can you find any reviews or blogs about the site pal?

What's the name and I'll have a look or contact him too mate for purchasing something smaller if you want and see what the deal is. ;)

Greg

Findapart are well known in the industry for being a bit 'untruthfull'. They dont actually have the stock, they take your order, THEN, start sourcing the parts from outside suppliers.

:think: but that's what they do.....

Findapart isn't a breaker, they just (hopefully :)) save you a lot of phoning around.

the fact that he said the front drive shafts would put me off? as we all know sups dont have them

He may have it confused with a 4 wheels drive gt4 engine which have the prop diff and front shafts ?

my experience with breakers yards is they no shite about anything..

Speak to Martin at Carpartsdirect.com hes a good guy and very helpfull.