The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OMG. was taken for a spin in a Supra "Only" the N/A tho...

DannyB

hi there guys im a new member here and this is my first post, could be one of many sometime soon tho. Firstly I drive A Subaru Impreza at the minute. tho that is only a 2lite 16v 4wd non turbo jobby, is plenty good enough fo a 19year old like me tho i guess!!

I went to look at a Supra N/A today, and it was a grogeous looking car, i asked the man to take me for a spin in the car, of which he agreed. the car was absolutely rapid! even on 19s and with a full coilover setuop (bumpy harsh ride) but the car was so smooth and precise when he floored it (the car was limited still) but we hit 90mph in absoouelty no time at all compared to my car, it pushed me righ into the passenger seat! which was nice, also was nice to feel the end being nicely controled at a roundabout! but also worrying aswell as going from a 4wd to a rear driven car at my age....

But this has answered one of my questions... do i need the twin turbo... NO!!! itll be cheaper to insure ive heard at times but id dave on the running costs of the N/A i guess.

Anyway... WOW epseically all you nutters with a TT!! may be joining you all soon

Cheers

Danny.B.

glad you enjoyed it!

i had an n/a for about 5 months but needed something faster so now have a tt to play with:)

(just so happens i have an n/a for sale):D

yeha i noticed lol, ive had my eye on that one since it went up on the bay, had big set back 2nite tho after all the excitement... Insurace!!! god damnit! looks like i wont be 19 and with a 3litre!

Get into a TT and wait till 2nd or 3rd gear and floor it then hold on as 4000rpm comes 2md turbo now online and all hell brakes loose lol:eyebrows:

I have an NA now, but I had a TT about 7 years ago. I remember the test drive, down a dual carriageway. Was accelerating away from a roundabout, was just about to change up a gear when I accidentally hit 4K rpm. At that point, the car was sold!

I have an NA now, but I had a TT about 7 years ago. I remember the test drive, down a dual carriageway. Was accelerating away from a roundabout, was just about to change up a gear when I accidentally hit 4K rpm. At that point, the car was sold!

sounds familiar lol :D you can't beat that rush the first time you experience it

Wait til you have TT and move through to BPU stages - deadly!

At your age mate go for an NA, it's damn quick, cheaper to insure and buy and will give you a good taste of the future TT purchase you'll definitely want when you hit your early 20's!

Good luck. ;)

Greg

Wait til you have TT and move through to BPU stages - deadly!

At your age mate go for an NA, it's damn quick, cheaper to insure and buy and will give you a good taste of the future TT purchase you'll definitely want when you hit your early 20's!

Good luck. ;)

Greg

I think you'll find that the NA's are usually dearer to insure.

hi there guys im a new member here and this is my first post, could be one of many sometime soon tho. Firstly I drive A Subaru Impreza at the minute. tho that is only a 2lite 16v 4wd non turbo jobby, is plenty good enough fo a 19year old like me tho i guess!!

I went to look at a Supra N/A today, and it was a grogeous looking car, i asked the man to take me for a spin in the car, of which he agreed. the car was absolutely rapid! even on 19s and with a full coilover setuop (bumpy harsh ride) but the car was so smooth and precise when he floored it (the car was limited still) but we hit 90mph in absoouelty no time at all compared to my car, it pushed me righ into the passenger seat! which was nice, also was nice to feel the end being nicely controled at a roundabout! but also worrying aswell as going from a 4wd to a rear driven car at my age....

But this has answered one of my questions... do i need the twin turbo... NO!!! itll be cheaper to insure ive heard at times but id dave on the running costs of the N/A i guess.

Anyway... WOW epseically all you nutters with a TT!! may be joining you all soon

Cheers

Danny.B.

Alright Danny, feels good doesn't it i was like you im only 20 now was 19 when i bought it and the power of the supe and look of it amazed me, quick as fook i just had to have one and now ive got it!! Insurance wise, it'll be dear, go with adrian flux their the best, i was quite lucky to get insured, dont know if you know homer-on the forum, he's got a 400 bhp tt with a bpu upgrade, he took me for a spin in that, blew my head off, never felt power like that in my life!! made my n/a feel slow. But I recommend them only if you've got money behind you cos the supes aren't cheap. Come next october though I plan to by a tt....well hopefully cos by then i'll be 21.

Hope you buy one mate its well worth it!! :D :D

Silver 94 J-spec n/a

18'' Gewalt gold racing alloys

Lowered

Limited slip diff

Blitz nur spec cat back

HKS front pipe

2nd cat removed and as noisy as hell!! :eyebrows:

And lots more to come........

Alright Danny, feels good doesn't it i was like you im only 20 now was 19 when i bought it and the power of the supe and look of it amazed me, quick as fook i just had to have one and now ive got it!! Insurance wise, it'll be dear, go with adrian flux their the best, i was quite lucky to get insured, dont know if you know homer-on the forum, he's got a 400 bhp tt with a bpu upgrade, he took me for a spin in that, blew my head off, never felt power like that in my life!! made my n/a feel slow. But I recommend them only if you've got money behind you cos the supes aren't cheap. Come next october though I plan to by a tt....well hopefully cos by then i'll be 21.

Hope you buy one mate its well worth it!! :D :D

sounds like i need to take you for a spin in mine now:d

N/A's are great and very rapid, but a twin turbo is something else, very different cars indeed.

Considering your only 19 there are a lot of hidden costs with supras, fuel for one thing, even on a N/A its mental and thats even if you drive it sensibly, which you wont becuase your 19 and want to buy a supra :D

Even though they are reliable cars, you have to maintain them and costs can be high sometimes.

But if you have a very good job or you get a lot of money from your parents then go for it. I would go with a TT personally but youll have a problem insuring it.

thanks for the replies guys, well as ive got a subaru impreza at the moment im quiete use to the high running costs and loads of petrol already,

SilverSoop got any pictures bud? sounds good

the one i tired had 19s on and that felt rapid as so if it was to have the standard 16s on it would be even better!!