The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Bonnet Scoop - YAY OR NAY

imi

SCOOP OR NOOP  

69 members have voted

1. 1. SCOOP OR NOOP

• YAY - Scoop Lookgs good on the Sup.
    • NAY - Scoop looks like Snoop without a Hood.

So all.....what do you reckon, does the scoop enhance the look of the Supra OR does it spoil the smooth lines and look STUCK ON?

what do you think?

To help you decide, feel free to post some pics of Sups with and without the scoop.

Here are two to get the ball rolling

http://www.imotors.co.uk/temp/jay/Dscf0447_np.jpg

http://www.zen26392.zen.co.uk/Supra%20Pics/03042005/images/slides/Highway.jpg

Fairly 50%/50% on this for at the moment.......

I agree that it is functional (apparently cooling cyl5/6), however if it made such a difference then why wasnt it standard on the Supra's, after all Toyota know best, right?

What do you guys think from a COSMETIC point of view?

Guest Glasgow_bhoy

looks very nice, were did you get that plastic thing that kicks out a little at thwe bottom of your front bumper, i need one of these.....

your supra looks shit hot, get the green night rider lights going across the front....hehe

I'd have one. Not a mere stuck on one, but with all the ducting for cyls 5&6, it serves a purpose.

:yeahthat: I think it's wise to consider functionality over looks.

Bling vrs Sting.

I like a car to look good - but if it's a compromise on the functional mechanics of the car. Then I know what I'd choose every day of the week.

I like it with, the jap bonnets abit plain for me!

But i would prefer a carbon bonnet.

Does the uk scoop fit the jap bonnet, as it has holes in the frame that look like they would if they were drilled out?.

You saying only UK cars have this 'feature' ?

:yeahthat: I think it's wise to consider functionality over looks.

Bling vrs Sting.

I like a car to look good - but if it's a compromise on the functional mechanics of the car. Then I know what I'd choose every day of the week.

I'd have it for looks alone even without the guubbins. I am not too sure what compromise fitting a simple one of these would do to a J-spec :blink:

The Supra I saw today had this scooper pooper, but inside the bonnet was just a thick layer of soundproofing, no hole for the air to enter, so looked a bit pointless, functionality wise that is. Anyway, I prefer not to have it, blocks my view of liddle baby bunnies running out on suicide missions.