The mkiv Supra Owners Club

need quick advice on a possible single-buy

csa

Hi guys

I really need som quick advices here

Been looking af this baby: http://www.traderamotor.com/showObject.aspx__id~374585__hl~toyota_mkiv_singelturbo

It has a GT42 singleturbo conversion but no BC or ECU installed. Is that drivable at all?

What will I get if I just install a BC, is that possible or du I have to get a new ECU (AEM or HKS ect)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a spring in the internal wastegate and depending on how stiff that spring is it will allow a certain boost pressure before the wastegate opens and lets exhaust gas through it to keep the turbo from reaching more boost. The stiffer the spring the more boost it will run as a minimum.

Guest Terry S

There is no problem running purely off wastegate at all. As long as the spring is correctly selected so that the car can't achieve more boost than is safe on your pump fuels octane rating it's not an issue.

I would worry about running a turbo the size of a GT42 without a decent ECU though.

There is no problem running purely off wastegate at all. As long as the spring is correctly selected so that the car can't achieve more boost than is safe on your pump fuels octane rating it's not an issue.

I would worry about running a turbo the size of a GT42 without a decent ECU though.

why would you "worry" ....because of the wg issue?

the car is running 0.7 bar limited by racecats and the WG spring at the moment.

I'm seriously thinking of bying it, install 700cc's, a good fuelpump, a good BC and a decat DP

...whay do you guys think of this...would't it run okay then?

I know I'm not using the capacity of the charger at all, but that's not too important for me...500hp would be more than plenty for me.

If it's only got 440cc injectors it's limited to about 420BHP.

Says who???????

Mine was running 440's and had 395 at the hubs so to say a car can only run 420 brake on 440's is complete bollox chap. The injectors will of course be running pretty much 100% cycle at max chat which I accept isn't the best situation in the world but is possible.

The injectors will of course be running pretty much 100% cycle

Which could be possibly Alex's point in the first place! A single turbo - will always shift alot more volume of air than stockers. So, a T61 a 1 Bar .. and a stock tubbies at 1 bar.

Which one (stockers or T61) do you think is going to eat the duty cycle the most ? Hmmm ?

the car is running 0.7 bar limited by racecats and the WG spring at the moment.

I'm seriously thinking of bying it, install 700cc's, a good fuelpump, a good BC and a decat DP

...whay do you guys think of this...would't it run okay then?

I know I'm not using the capacity of the charger at all, but that's not too important for me...500hp would be more than plenty for me.

Dont forget something to control the stuff. So throw in a extra 3000€ for AEM and mapping.

But still a car like that just calls for troubles. If somebody does this much mods its just behind my mind why he goes cheap on fuel and ecu. As those two points are the most vital parts for reliability.

DB, was your car dyno'd at Thor by any chance? As you should be aware by now they are rather well known over inflated HP figures (To say the least...)

There's just no way 440cc injectors can flow the sort of figures their dyno has provided, suggest you learn a little more before knocking other people down ;)

DB, was your car dyno'd at Thor by any chance? As you should be aware by now they are rather well known over inflated HP figures (To say the least...)

There's just no way 440cc injectors can flow the sort of figures their dyno has provided, suggest you learn a little more before knocking other people down ;)

Actually you know what it was dyno'd at thor and for all the related shit the machine produced 395 at the hubs (the 474 they estimated at the fly may have been excessive but you cant argue with the hub figure on a calibrated dyno). That figure was corroborated by sticking it on a seperate rolling road that pushed 375 at the wheels on a considerably warmer day. I also drove the car against other cars with supposed similar power with very good results. Dude before his incarceration was very impressed with its power. So in short there actually is a way that 440's can flow those figures because it did. Suck it up dude not every machine behaves as you expect.

I'd also like to point out that the original statement I responded to was If it's only got 440cc injectors it's limited to about 420BHP. which is completely not true. If you wanna be really picky the accepted rule of thumb is a cc for bhp is the limit ie 440cc injectors will support 440 bhp