The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What sound system do you have in your Supra?

Toyboy

Pioneer DEH-P1Y (aka DEH-P80MP)

'lockys96' custom sub enclosure

JL Audio 10w3d2 Sub

JL Audio e1200 Amplifier

Focal Polyglass 165 V2 (Front)

Focal Access 165 CA (Rears)

eDead and Dynamat (30 sqft)

There is no point in me putting pics up because the system is designed to be "stealth" - most of it looks completely standard.

The only bit that doesn't:

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/mine/misc/sub-00.jpg

You're the last person I expected to clutter your car up with a Fumpin Choonz setup Michael ;)

I've got a cheap MP3-playing head unit (can't remember the brand) with a built in amp and stock speakers. The head unit is semi-exposed in a double din mounting (you can see the metal cage :nana: ) and I left it's surround off as it wouldn't fit in 2 seconds and therefore expended it's effort budget. Oh, and part of the DIN mounting is held in by bluetac and a random chunk of plastic. Been like that for years :cool:

-Ian

You're the last person I expected to clutter your car up with a Fumpin Choonz setup Michael ;)

I've got a cheap MP3-playing head unit (can't remember the brand) with a built in amp and stock speakers. The head unit is semi-exposed in a double din mounting (you can see the metal cage :nana: ) and I left it's surround off as it wouldn't fit in 2 seconds and therefore expended it's effort budget. Oh, and part of the DIN mounting is held in by bluetac and a random chunk of plastic. Been like that for years :cool:

-Ian

any pics? :D

Very well, I'm not a bass maniac but I love music, I wanted a setup that let the music sound like it's supposed to, it's got enough 'boom' to give me a headache :)

perfick.

should i get my handling sorted out i think a one of these may be in order :)

I think I saw them doing your car on 'Pimp my Ride' ;)

I shocked myself when I went for the sub but it's such a basic setup that can be taken out in seconds so I don't feel too dirty about it all. I just got a bit tired with the differences I was hearing when listening to music in the car vs at home, the standard stuff was robbing me of certain noises.

The normal speakers all sit behind OEM covers, the amp is hidden where the standard autochanger was (to ensure weight distribution isn't altered ;)) and the sub thingy isn't some neon-lit space thief so I can live with it.

I'm not a bass cadet just yet :innocent:

Not taken any pics as yet but spec as follows:-

Alpine double din head unit

Full speed ipod connection

JL audio ZR 6.5 in doors

Old JBL 6.5's in rear (to be replaced soon)

2 Genisis 6x9 subs in box behind seats (same place as Micheals but without the bit above the carpet)

Gensis ultra amp to power it all

Car fully dynamatted

Basic I know, but sound quailty is superb. Will add some sat/nav at some point too.

P.S. MizTheWiz, where did you get your gear knob from, and how difficult was it to fit? cheers

Ed

Pioneer DEH-P1Y (aka DEH-P80MP)

'lockys96' custom sub enclosure

JL Audio 10w3d2 Sub

JL Audio e1200 Amplifier

Focal Polyglass 165 V2 (Front)

Focal Access 165 CA (Rears)

eDead and Dynamat (30 sqft)

There is no point in me putting pics up because the system is designed to be "stealth" - most of it looks completely standard.

The only bit that doesn't:

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/mine/misc/sub-00.jpg

SHOW-OFF

Wait till I get my Locky sub box :D

# Zenarc 700IDT with brightness add-on single in-dash touchscreen DIN screen

# Custom built PC under floor in boot

# JL Audio 6-channel amp

# JL Audio sub (custom box) - bridged

# 2 x Infinity Reference 6.5" speakers upfront

# 2 x Kenwood speakers in back

Might put another sub where the spare wheel is too.

alpine dvd/sat nav/tv head unit

infinity speakers all round powered by a host of amps

2 pioneer chrome amps supplying the sub in the boot:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=3323

I love your amps!!!

I will post pics later (if I remember) and it is being increased and reworked so it is not pretty at the moment - just in case anyone unsavoury is reading this thread I HAVE A VERY GOOD ALARM :p

2 x door speakers

2 x tweeters

2 x 12" subs

2 x amps

1 x headunit

All Infinity/Pioneer and loud!!