The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New to Supras...

Guest tej

..but not new to that fact that its damn near impossible to find the spec of car i want :lol:

first i was after a Black Corrado VR6 with heated leathers... couldnt find one...

then a Nissan 200SX with black leathers in manual guise.. couldnt find one...

the new car on the list is now a UK spec Supra TT.. in black.. with a manual transmission! do these things exist :p

i suppose it doesnt have to be black, but a dark colour is prefered!

Am i on an impossible mission!!!?

Autotrader:-

1995 TOYOTA SUPRA 3.0 Turbo 3dr Liftback (private)

108,000 miles

GREY

Petrol

3 Door Hatchback

108,000 miles, UK Spec 6sp Manual. M reg Excellent condition and service history. Cruise missile!! Comes with everything elec windows, mirrors and drivers seat. Cruise and climate control. Higher spec

UK spec because insurance is £1.6k as opposed to £3k on an import.. not to mention they come with heated leather as standard

manual because i already have an auto Shogun and dont want two autos

i have noticed that the UK spec cars look uglier though lol or is that just me? has anyone got a pic of the both for comparison?

Nothing wrong with the imports if they have got all the upgrades and bpu.

i would actually love an import, but unless i can get the insurance down to something reasonable (and not £3k!) it seems it has to be the UK TT :search:

i might have to see if i can get a more reasonable quote on a J-spec, because the UK ones are a little "dildo faced" as mentioned :lol:

never looked at the Aristo, i did look at a normal GS300 a while ago, but didnt look to hard at it.. also considered a Soarer TT, but having had a ride in one, it wasnt very impressive :tongue:

ps. I am 23 in March.. by that time i will have had 5yrs of driving, but heres the best part - no NCB :(

i would actually love an import, but unless i can get the insurance down to something reasonable (and not £3k!) it seems it has to be the UK TT :search:

i might have to see if i can get a more reasonable quote on a J-spec, because the UK ones are a little "dildo faced" as mentioned :lol:

never looked at the Aristo, i did look at a normal GS300 a while ago, but didnt look to hard at it.. also considered a Soarer TT, but having had a ride in one, it wasnt very impressive :tongue:

ps. I am 23 in March.. by that time i will have had 5yrs of driving, but heres the best part - no NCB :(

Try bell online for insurance on import! And sky too but no ncb wont help!

use sky for insurance

then don't worry about the Uk spec thing and you might then find a black manual, otherwise good luck... ;)

If you want manual I'd recommend being flexible about the uk/j-spec thing over the manual gearbox

i have noticed that the UK spec cars look uglier though lol or is that just me? has anyone got a pic of the both for comparison?

I would agree but this is just personal opinion, I don't think the bonnet bulge does it any favours tbh

it doesn't help that you're going for probably the rarest model in each of the cars you've looked for.

why not compromise and build it to the perfect car over time?

LOL! true!

im not a fan of retro fitting things like heated leathers, so if it doesnt come with what i want i'd rather wait, but first and foremost it must be mechanically sound.

But as CJ said, i was being unrealistic with my budget.. i thought 6.5 would be enough for what i want, but i need to add another £4k to that ideally for the car i want..

the 200SX is next in line, so im back on my search :) (although they are not too hard to find in black and with leathers :) )

thanks for the help guys, and cheers for the advice CJ :)

maybe il be back in the distant future :D

ok, now thats just being cruel :p

in my defence, i was looking at Autotrader, and there were a couple of TTs!! i then joined up here to find out if they were any good! doesnt look like it

well at least you've realised that if they are currently out of your budget it is better to wait and maybe get something else in the mean time

getting something on the cheap end of the scale and maxing you're budget will end you up with a lemon and no easy way to get the car you were really after...

hope you come back when you have a little more and get a really nice one, the wait will be well worth it