The mkiv Supra Owners Club

gauges

robert_gray

Not sure if this should be in the technical thread but here goes anyway...........

I have a 1996 auto turbo import soop and nearly at the stage to upgrade to BPU. I Know that i need a boost gauge and i was wondering what other gauges you would recommend?

There are so many gauges that you can have and i dont want the interior to be a clutter of gauges that i'll never really need. Was just wanting to know what the main areas are that i would need to monitor with the upgrades that goes with a Bpu

Cheers

Boost Gauge

and either a

Wideband AFR gauge - gives accurate view of fueling, they are a little expensive.

or

Exhaust Gas Temp Gauge - give a rough guide to whether things are running okay, cheaper than the above.

If you want to monitor a number of readings without having loads of gauges, have a look at the Defi Link display.

http://www.nippon-seiki.co.jp/defishop/product/dp/dp_top.html

that link display sounds good. i was out for a ride in a mates Skyline last night and they have a similar thing in the dash, double din size showing all neccessary info.

does anyone know the size of the defi link display? would be good to have it mounted in the dash.

go on Nic, give us a ball park figure..

I only have the price for the link display at the moment (in stock), I'll get prices for the sensors also if needed.

DF05101 DEFI Link Display = £170 including postage.

This is a list of the available sensors:

PDF00713SS Defi-Link OIL PRESS. Sensor Set

PDF00806SS Defi-Link FUEL PRESS. Sensor Set

PDF00908SS Defi-Link OIL TEMP. Sensor Set

PDF01006SS Defi-Link WATER TEMP. Sensor Set

PDF01114SS Defi-Link EXHAUST TEMP. Sensor Set