The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Went to See a Supra TT today, Need Help!

SupraKid

Hi

I went and saw a Manual Uk Supra Twin Turbo today, just have a few questions.

When driving off from stand still, theres a slight clicking noise coming from the rear. what could this be? Anything major?

Also the gears seemed to engage fine, but when going into 3 there was a very very faint crunch noise, can hardly be heard but its there. Is the gearbox on the way out?

Any help would be appreciated :)

it was in billericay in essex, Im in Ilford.

There was a nail in the rear right tyre, and it does seem the noise came from there, i was just a bit weary cos it could be costly to fix!

The Gearbox did have an overhaul not many miles ago, and the engine rebuild about 2 years ago. There are a few service stamps missing only had 2 services from 2004-2006. But the seller says he's kept the oil topped up.

had a similar thing with the gears. just got some decent oil put in and that went away.

no sure on the clicking on driving away.

There is only ONE oil to use on the V160 Gearbox and thats the V160 OIL from Toyota.

Oh, and mine doesnt drink any engine oil.