The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Parking wardens - section 66 :)

SupraStar 3000

Parking wardens have a habit of lying about people being unable to drive off once they've started to write out a ticket. According to the road Traffic Act 1991, section 66, the ticket is valid only after it has been affixed to the car or placed securely under the wipers

This was another public announcement brought to by SupraStar and mkivsupra.net

I've just dug it out of the recycling bin and the letter in there is exactly the same as the text of your post, so I guess it must be a round robin email at the moment.:)

Section 87 on this link below refers, plus there's a couple of other references listed in the Telepgraph but can't be bothered to hunt them down on the interweb. :D

http://www.highwaycode.gov.uk/07.htm

Bollox I'm a driver for UPS and u can park where u want so long as you don't get caught by a warden or a camera (within reason). If they start a ticket you can leave and if they stand in front of you the're breaking the law themselves (obstruction).

I tend to drive off n if they won't move after I've sworn at them a bit I reverse up a bit then pass em that way. Until that ticket is secured on your windscreen AND photographed with their digital camera it doesn't count. Otherwise they could write as many as they want and say they displayed them even if they haven't especially if they're on commission.

Bollox I'm a driver for UPS and u can park where u want so long as you don't get caught by a warden or a camera (within reason). If they start a ticket you can leave and if they stand in front of you the're breaking the law themselves (obstruction).

I tend to drive off n if they won't move after I've sworn at them a bit I reverse up a bit then pass em that way. Until that ticket is secured on your windscreen AND photographed with their digital camera it doesn't count. Otherwise they could write as many as they want and say they displayed them even if they haven't especially if they're on commission.

should have run the f**ker over i hate the bstrds :D

i was parked in a LOADING BAY, with hazard lights flashing, while i was LOADING my car. (with hifi speakers i had just purchased, not that it matters)

I got a ticket - apparently it was a GOODS ONLY loading bay? The sign was around the corner (so how was i supposed to see it? And what am i loading my car with, goods, no???)

Anyway, officer bloke was still writing it when i got to my car, i had to wait for him to finish writing it so he could give it to me. I wish i had just jumped in car and driven off. I've always said i thought the law was as stated above, but i was told otherwise, or at least "fobbed off".

Grrrr.

Guest gzaerojon
Parking wardens have a habit of lying about people being unable to drive off once they've started to write out a ticket. According to the road Traffic Act 1991, section 66, the ticket is valid only after it has been affixed to the car or placed securely under the wipers

This was another public announcement brought to by SupraStar and mkivsupra.net

i've done this a few times :)

nearly run over one of em lol

HHhmmmm, i parked my bike up in London once and put a bag over the plate so i couldn't get done for a parking ticket. A traffic warden came past and my mate started slagging him off because he couldn't do my bike. He stared at it for ages then looked at the tax disc and started writting, so i jumped on the bike and rode off. A week later i got the ticket through the post. Obiously i made excuses and got away with it, but why would they send it if it's not legal till it touches the car/bike??

I've almost ran over wardens a couple of times while they were hastily making their way towards the car to affix the pre-written ticket.

It helps if *deep* down you really want to hurt them, it is more believable. Not a smart move if they don't jump out of the way, but very satisfying seeing the horror in their face when they realise that the nutter is going for it.

But you have to obey signals given by police officers and traffic wardens. All they have to do is order you to stop and then they slap the ticket on you.

(The above is paraphrased from last Saturday's Daily Telegraph)

Ah, but they would have to signal you to stop in the correct way. Simply hollering 'STOP!' wouldn't be sufficient.

By the look of that highway code link, the only "stop" they can do is arm straight up in the air, and it means "Traffic approaching from the front". So they can't actually stop you because they want to ticket you :)

-Ian

Seeing as everyone is all for running over the traffic warden in this thread, I kind of took that for covering the "traffic approaching from the front" aspect. :D