The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS Super dragger question....

Jim_1979

Check out both of the cars in my sig, i had a SD on my old silver one and got one on my current red one. I personally love the exhaust, got a very nice, but not OTT rumble at idle and a deep throaty sound on WOT, very nice. It is a 3" exhaust with a 5" tip, which sits flush with the rear bumper (Which is another thing i like about it), rather than sticking out at an angle. A lot of people dont rate them because they are prone to corrosion, but no worse than any other SS exhaust system IMO and as long as you buy a new one you wont have probs for a number of years.

HTH.

A lot of people dont rate them because they are prone to corrosion, but no worse than any other SS exhaust system IMO and as long as you buy a new one you wont have probs for a number of years.

HTH.

the reason it was prone to corrosion is because it wasn't stainless steel ;)

Well I've been offered a great deal for double decat and a HKS super dragger (not new), but as long as it lasts me at least 3 years I'll be happy!! .... :)

Looks decent in those pics.

mate, at the price you're getting that lot at you can't grumble lol (not that you are, you know what i mean :))

if the piping corrodes just get a new pipe welded on, no biggy.

All the ones from at least a year ago onwards are full stainless construction. Old ones were painted mild steel in the main, and rubbish quality mild steel, to boot.

i bought mine 5 years ago second hand and its still going strong, i think the fact it ISN'T stainless is a plus point (IMO) as it keeps the noise reasonable, these are the only pics i have

front 049.jpg

front 110.jpg

hi mate,

sorry busy studying...going off ma nut at this exam.

Is it possible to leave it till next weekend or after Wednesday.

I've got my last 5 1/2 hour exam on Tuesday followed my mass drinking to dull the pain. so dont think i'll be in any condition to drive on Wednsday.

Cheers

G

the Superdragger has long been thought of as one of THE best sounding exhausts on the mkiv supra so get your money out, get it on and enjoy!!! :)

Not sure where you dreamt that one up from mate ;)

Couldn't disagree more. its best known for being one of the most average sounding exhausts available for the Supra. They are quiet and sound, well, mediocre. In terms of sound they're poor compared to the many of the other systems available. (HKS Ti, Boostlogic, Greddy Ti, HKS carbon, Tannabe, etc)

Not sure where you dreamt that one up from mate ;)

Couldn't disagree more. its best known for being one of the most average sounding exhausts available for the Supra. They are quiet and sound, well, mediocre. In terms of sound they're poor compared to the many of the other systems available. (HKS Ti, Boostlogic, Greddy Ti, HKS carbon, Tannabe, etc)

:goodpost: