The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HPI check report clocking ?

Toyboy

difficult to trace on imports but on a uk car you can carry out out a NMR (National Mileage Register) check and it finds out by previous hpi's carried out as well as checking with DVLA -

People tend to write mileage on V5's when they sell them so a record goes to DVLA - but ONLY if the mileage has been stated on the V5 - if not then it relies on previous mileages from old Hpi's....

Rash.

As stated above - I would be extra weary of 'Low mileage' imports as when I last did a HPI via the RAC they said they can't give an indication of the milage on Imports. With UK cars they can but it's an estimate - not sure what it's based on, perhaps MOT's.

I my experience all the Low Milers that I looked at (about 5) when looking to buy my Supra had signs of being clocked.

theres this 49k'r on ebay at the moment, uk car, with service history. Im going to go see it sometime this week.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&item=250042359949&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Have you spoke to them re. the asking price for the car? Because unless you are willing to spend between 11k and 11.5k then you ar going to be dissapointed.