The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help please

nad300

I have the same problem at the moment.

I think it can be 2 things

- immobiliser

- starter motor

every one else would blame the battery but I dont think so but have a play with your battery terminals and make sure they are connected the way they should be.

Chances are its your immobiliser then Mas, if it was your starter, you'd get a noise from it(clicking normally from solenoid) it wouldnt stop your lights from coming on on your dash.

If it was the battery, you'd get no warning noise (like he is getting) what so ever, and if it was a loose terminal, you'd get lights on dash, but it wouldnt start, or would really struggle.

Cheers mate, but I get all the lights in my dash working even my head unit but not even a click from starter, its ok sometimes and goes dead again when it feels like it :)

crazy I know but it could happen somewhere when Im well away from home and then .........

Strange one that mate, i wouldn't of thought it was your starter if you dont get the click, the click is the solenoid engaging, once that is engaged the starter motor then starts. The solenoid is basically an electromagnet, these either work, or they dont, as they are only basically a coil of wire, they are not intermittent, unless its a broken cable, which is unlikely.

It could be... bad contacts on the relay in your immobiliser which is responsible for immobilising the starter motor circuit:rolleyes: .

I think you might be right, but even more strange to know is that the power cut off a few times when I was in the move :(

and I can tell you thats scary when you re on high speed, although this didnt happen for a while now.

Dave sugested it might be a bad connection/wire somewhere. I need to get this sorted asap before I end up smashing into someone in the motor way

well i knew my batterey was flat as the cars been off road for a while, soon as i connected starter pack all was ok started straight away brought the car home then went to jump start it accidently connected the jump leads wrong way which must have blown a fuse after that problem started so hopefully should only be something simple as a fuse do you think i could have damaged anything else like ecu etc ???

Connecting them the wrong way round is bad news, the last guy that reported that blew the ECU :(

Start from ground up, check all fuses, both engine bay and drivers footwell.

thanks for the reply mate, well fingers crossed hope its not the ecu[sHOCK][/sHOCK] how much will a second hand ecu for a NA cost ??

ok peeps ive checked the fuses in the engine bay they look ok but i have HTR 50A & FAN 30A & abs 2 30a missing i have even checked the fuses in footwell the 7.5a top right is ok as well as the two ecu fuses,so im really confused does that mean i have blown my ECU ?? as nothings working elec windows, no ignition lights etc, where is the ecu located in the car ?? all help appreciated. problem started when i accidently connected jump leads wrong way until i realised:( [ANGRY][/ANGRY]