The mkiv Supra Owners Club

cheapest n/a-t conversion kit...

Guest SupraRussTT

Guest SupraRussTT

Can someone point me in the right direction of the cheapest turbos kits going?

Will be doing the conversion myself so dont want prices with labour.

Ive been on the powerxs sight and from what i understand they sell them for around $1000!? with an intercooler is that right as thats under a grand?

Cheers

Rob, you NEED to go for a spin with GazziGSI :D And check out his 1/4 mile times :clap:

Amen to that brother!

I went out in Gaz's car and it made me realise how much i missed forced induction! it flys!

I enquired at turbofit and for similar gains as Gaz your looking at about £4.3k all fitted and running around 400bhp

i suppose i see where he is coming from,with quotes going around £4000 fitted etc

id like to read up how hard it is to do myself :)

its not to difficult if you are handy with a spanner,just finished fitting mine ,but its quite labour intensive

with the xspower kit you have mod the dump pipe and weld a flexi hose in the dp or they dont fit,its taken me around 4 days to strip and re build, drilling the oil return was the biggist effort had to jack the engine to get the angle drill in,

drilling the oil return was the biggist effort had to jack the engine to get the angle drill in,

just thinking out loud but would there be any benefit in using a seperate oil feed/pump system on a NA.

Just thinking along the lines of using different oil to engine oil, possible reliability/spooling improvements?

Guest SupraRussTT

lol

well its really down to the fact i own a nice quick gti-r and always really liked supras but im really no good at saving up cash to my only real option is a na.

But i do love my turbos so thats why i would look at buying a kit, ive done similar conversions before on other cars and theres nothing to fitting these kits, the worst is swapping pistons when you want to run a decent amount of boost.

I dont really want the hassle of putting my car up for sale so was hoping to get a swap for a nice na.