The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock air box

affney

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a hks induction kit im looking for a standard box to put back on anyone selling standard or want to swap for hks

Why you putting standard back on ?

Are you NA or TT ?

NA is much better with an Induction kit... providing you have a heatsheild and cold Air feed,

Any NA owner will tell you of the transformation with a Induction kit on.

But each to their own..

TT you may poss have heat soak issues, but a good sheild should help matters,

got a N/A and i havnt got a heat shield or cold feed just thaught the standard with k&n filter would work better but i wasnt sure just wanted to give it a go if the hks is better then i will stick with that

TT is questionable. (heat soak )

NA big gains !!

PM me and i'll send you pics of my set up

I can't seem to put pics on here as too big and can't reduce their size

It cost bugger all to

Bit of Alloy plate

1x Flexi hose

2x house gutter pipe couplers (makes the end of the pipes look pretty )

Out of interest though,

I'm thinking of changing my HKS mushroom filter as apparantley the filteration is really bad ,

Looking for a nice cone filter ,

Turbo fit are also going to make me a nice Polished pipe to replace that nasty rubber pipe between the HKS kit and the throttle housing

Custom job that will still allow all the vac pipes to be connected as they are now into the pipe

Guest wobblybox

Any chance of a "i'm a tit make it really basic" info on HKS induction kit? what sort of gains would i expect? Cost? Does it make the fuel situ any worse? etc etc havent searched yet just seen this post.

Pics would be good if anyone could oblige. I take it the induction kit works best on a de-cat?

Have a N/A which is quick and revs nice but feels like somethings strangling it.......

Think about it: the airbox is the same in both n/a and TT versions.

So if it is OK for the airflow of the BPU TT (typically double that of a n/a), could it really be inadequate for the n/a?;)

Do some timed acceleration tests with stock airbox vs 'performance' filter, and see for yourself that there is no measurable difference.:search: (best use an accelerometer to avoid reaction-speed errors)

It's all in the mind.:Pling:

How big are those gains, out of interest?

-Ian

I have much better throttle response , better pick up in general and better mpg

Have had both on my NA and the HKS is much better on my Supe with the heat sheild and cold air feed fitted

A TT may not be so good as heat soak probs.. well that is the general opinion written here by the TT guys

But on my NA there are noticeable gains over stock box

Well mine runs better with the HKS kit

More mpg

Better throttle response

better mid range

Have run it with both on and the hks clearly is better "on my Supe"

was it you that also said somewhere that you get over 35mpg on a motorway journeys?