The mkiv Supra Owners Club

people with BPU auto TTs

RobEvans

Iv got a stardard j-spec TT and torn between staying standard and going BPU.

has anybody got a 1/4 mile + 0-60 of a standard TT auto and one with BPU running 1.2 bar? I want to know just how much power/speed I will get from it.:eyebrows:

Iv had a quick search but cant find much.

Thanks guys!:)

i cant help on what you need mate, but a bpu is a fair bit quicker than a stock, mines near enough stock at the moment except with single decat and i couldnt keep up with jezzybabes one who is bpu. definately worth bpu'ing ill be doing it soon too :D

I'm currently running about 1 bar, but when I went BPU @1.2 the shove from the 2nd Turbo is almost frightening - you really have to hang on to the steering wheel. :D Great fun. In stock form the power delivery is very linear in comparison, with no big performance hike at 4000 revs.

(2nd decat got bent in a rear end knock, so got 2nd CAT back in for the moment)

Definately worth doing!!

so if i put a 2.5" double de-cat with a 2.5" system can I still boost to 1.2bar or do I need a 3" system? Im only asking because i want my car to look and sound as stock as possible and powerflow have a exhaust tip near identical to the stock one but they can only produce 2.5" systems. Any ideas?

so if i put a 2.5" double de-cat with a 2.5" system can I still boost to 1.2bar or do I need a 3" system? Im only asking because i want my car to look and sound as stock as possible and powerflow have a exhaust tip near identical to the stock one but they can only produce 2.5" systems. Any ideas?

i think 2 1/2" is a tad on the small side for a TT, you really need at least 2 1/2" de-cats going into a 3" or bigger rear section, its all to do with back pressure which is how they control the boost on a j-spec, have you done a search there should be tons of stuff on this

:) Hi Rob have a look at the Rolling road day results in the NWest section mine is (was :eyebrows: ) Standard except for a Powerflow cat Back exhaust, Look at some of the others BHPs to see how far you can go ................Where in Lancs are you ? ever come over to the Musgrat Manor meets ?

Cheers

Ian

Where abouts in Lanc are you from Rob? im in Bolton, i could take you out for a spin if you wanted, im BPU but only at 1 Bar, as opposed to 1.2 (no boost controller yet).

Just read you in Burnley. We could meet up if you wanted mate, or as Shyshot said, theres a few of us down at the monthly Macart Manor meet in warrington..

i think 2 1/2" is a tad on the small side for a TT, you really need at least 2 1/2" de-cats going into a 3" or bigger rear section, its all to do with back pressure which is how they control the boost on a j-spec, have you done a search there should be tons of stuff on this

I never understood which is best. Chris Wilson supplies 2 1/2" as does Paul Whiffin, but Envy supply 3". J-spec's fit a restrictor so I can see no benefit in a 3" over a 2 1/2" but would there be any gain on a UK?

Me with completely standard j-spec auto - 13.558 @ 103.4 MPH.

Me with BPU j-spec auto - 12.51 @ 109 MPH.

All I have power wise is 2.5" decat (with restrictor ring) and Blitz Nur Spec R cat back exhaust. My engine is standard, I don't have a fancy cone filter, I don't have cams etc and I don't have any electronics to trim fuelling etc.

I do have a hi stall TC though, and supporting mods of trans cooler / fan / walbro pump / colder plugs.

This setup took me to the top of the drag leaderboard out of cars without engine / turbo mods (I'm number 5 overall) - all the cars above me have cams and / or hybrids, electronics and FMIC's. You can tell by the terminal speeds even if not looking at the specs.

Cheers,

Brian.