The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front Active spolier

J33LUS

Will a jspec Front active spolier work/fit a UK spec Supra.

I have been told it is the spoiler that lives right under the bumper and comes down at a press of a button and at certain speeds.

My mates one is damaged, so should this one fit???

Thanks

I bought new ally backing plates for the front lip on a J Spec without the active spoiler option recently....On a J-Spec (dont know owt about UK specs) the plastic under-tray, front lip spoiler and front lip spoiler mounting and backing plates are different for the active spoiler fitted version.

I bought new ally backing plates for the front lip on a J Spec without the active spoiler option recently....On a J-Spec (dont know owt about UK specs) the plastic under-tray, front lip spoiler and front lip spoiler mounting and backing plates are different for the active spoiler fitted version.

I fitted a UKspec A/S to my JSpec NA.. went on perfectly...

Oops...I miss-read the question. I thought it was about fitting an active spoiler to a car that never had one, not a straight swap.

All i did was replace the front undertray with the a/s one... Fit perfectly, and works wonders... Not sure what you mean...

:) I thought the original question concerned retro-fitting an a/s to a Supra that didnt originally have one....

To that end I was pointing out that although fitting the a/s mech and electrics was straightforward as mentioned earlier, the plastic under-tray, the front lip spoiler (the fixed rubber one, not the a/s one) and front lip spoiler mounting and backing plates are not the same for the active spoiler version, and non active spoiler version.

As you have pointed out, he would need to swap the undertray as well. The differences between the rubber lip and backing plates obviously make little difference by the sound of it.