Guest EncoreWRC

Single conv v Twin upgrade  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Single conv v Twin upgrade

• Single Turbo conversion?
    • Twin Turbo Upgrade?

Guest EncoreWRC

What is everyone's preference?

What are the pro's and cons of a single or twin turbo upgrade?

I bought a twin turbo and like the idea of keeping two turbo;s but most big sups seem to go single turbo. Are twins not powerful enough??

I eventually want 800+ bhp

Advice and opinions please??

What is everyone's preference?

What are the pro's and cons of a single or twin turbo upgrade?

I bought a twin turbo and like the idea of keeping two turbo;s but most big sups seem to go single turbo. Are twins not powerful enough??

Do a search fella, its been done to death, then a bit more on top!

Are twins not powerful enough??

Its not to do with the power, its usually down to cost and ease of setting up.

I'd be interested in a setup thats both powerful and can be quiet enough to use on the track :)

Guest EncoreWRC
I love the sequential system and would say live with it untill they die and then maybe single. By that point you'll probably be after a little more power too :D

The standard ones just aint really enough for me - its getting boring. The sequential system is good though...

Got a mate with a skyline with 2 huge HKS turbo's and its been said to be the way forward by Abbey but thats a skyline.....and supra owners do tend to favour the single!!

and RobSheffield - I dont want to do a search on out dated posts, I like current information. I have already seen a lot of posts with this same title and taken views on board but peoples experiences change and new members join bringing new information - thats how knowledge spreads!!

What you have to remember is that aftermarket twin turbo setups are not sequential, they are parallel. So you won't get any of the advantages of the stock system (i.e. faster spool). That makes twin and single setups pretty much the same apart from the fact that twins require more complicated plumbing and are therefore more expensive.

Guest EncoreWRC

New people - new information - more current information on more advanced technology. Its always worth asking a question more than once when a large time frame has elapsed since the last one.

I do wish someone would produce a twin set that you could sequentially.

I love the sequential setup and dont want a single now due to this factor, I feel the Supra feels separated from most other turbo'd cars becuase of this design, and feel I have no further option from Hybrids now because of this.......

Could, and Im talking theoretically, could you design a bespoke twin sequential setup ?? I sort of remember this being discussed before and Im sure the VSV's would be a big concern.

Could you not keep the standard sequential setup and modify it to fit bigger twin, how far could the stock sequential system be pushed in terms of psi running through it ??

Torque Developments in Grays recently told me about a twin M12 turbo upgrade that they reckon for about £4500-£5k you'll be able to run 420bhp PER TURBO. A total of 840bhp sounds plenty enough to me (plus I got a direct port juice system to plumb in) but they said if you play it sensible running 600hp with this set up you need not change all internals and it'll be fine as an every day car !!!

Has anyone heard of this kit ?