The mkiv Supra Owners Club

nothing to say!

SupraStar 3000

have been told that it's unsafe and feels like a crash-damaged car.

so my Tein's aren't fitted and it's being kept in for a couple of days to be stripped down completely to try and find out what's bent / fu*ked.

:(

ahhh i feel for u man...hope it turns out to be something minor..why is it unsafe to drive, whats wrong with it..?

ahhh i feel for u man...hope it turns out to be something minor..why is it unsafe to drive, whats wrong with it..?

it skips about and moves side to side.....a lot!

basically fitting the lower and stiffer Teins would make it totally undriveable.

fingers crossed it's not too serious and Steve Manley will be sympathetic!!

nope. it's not wheel alignment that's the problem, the axles themselves aren't lining up straight at all either.

the car's been to CW who drove the car a number of times and did a full geo on it but couldn't see anything wrong with it.

fingers crossed stripping it all down will make the problem more apparent. the guy who's doing it used to work a jig and says it feels a lot like driving a crash-damaged car prior to being fixed.

fingers crossed he can sort it though. :(

mine's going in the fu*king crusher

Ah sorry to hear that mate :(

Have to admit to feeling similar to Suprastar about the Supra this weekend, I think we sometimes forget that although our cars have a few years on them, to many they are still the mutts nutts. Yes we love them too, but I think we take them for granted sometimes, and sometimes sell and regret.

I popped into Halfrauds this weekend, if the missus asks I WASN'T looking at wheels :innocent: Anyway, the youngish lad asked what they were for, so I said for a Supra but quite dismissively as I was in my stock one. His face lit up, 'what age' he asked so I said it as a 93 twin turbo. This clearly made the lads day, he was beside himself :)

Was a nice drive home ;)