The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alloys and insurance - Heads up

vvteye

Just notified my insurance company of a SP30 (bastards!) and happy that this had no effect on my insurace. When I happened to mention that I had put 18 inch alloys on the car I was told that this would require an amendment to the policy which cost £15 admin. For all you who have upgraded your wheels this is a reminder that the insurance will be void, or questionable, if you haven't notified your insurance company.

most companies do charge an admin fee if you mae any changes at all to your policy. When i asked demon tweeks they said there wont be a fee but the insurance premium might go up if they wheels are worth more than the ones you originally insured on your vehicle.

Just notified my insurance company of a SP30 (bastards!) and happy that this had no effect on my insurace. When I happened to mention that I had put 18 inch alloys on the car I was told that this would require an amendment to the policy which cost £15 admin. For all you who have upgraded your wheels this is a reminder that the insurance will be void, or questionable, if you haven't notified your insurance company.

I'm with Elephant and they are not interested if you have Alloy upgrades, makes no difference to Policy,

As they said 90% of the time they are cheaper to replace than OE wheels anyway

They just want you to let them know thats all

Veilside Spoiler

Alloys

HKS Kit

Exhaust

No extra cost on my premium

I don't think that applies with sky does it? My brother just got a new blue flame exhaust, rang them and they just sent out the mod declaration sheet with no charge. If only all companies were like this :D

I'm with Ensign via A-plan. Even with the £15 squid they are still over £100 cheaper than the Sky quote. So in a way it makes me glad that all companies are not like this. :p

Hopefully it will be cheaper next year as I can insure with SAGA!