The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky insurance

rovervi

i've not had to claim with them thankfully but as long as the renewal price is good enough i'll be renewing with them in December :)

agreed value & a good understanding of the modifications is what made me choose these guys in the first place. friendly service too

I'm with Sky. Had a taxi go into the back of me last year. I think Sky are just a broker, rather than an insurance co, but the guaranteed value was honoured (car originally declared a write-off).

Very helpful and argued on my behalf to get the car repaired at my garage of choice, rather the other guy's Insurance Co's. Had a courtesy car for the entire month (Toyota Celica) too - no arguements.

Very pleased with service :)

J

Two of the guys here had an accidents and sky were superb sorting things out to their benefit. Actually think there might be a couple more but not everyone posts up after having a smash.

Elephant are a bunch of clowns, I got close to suing them but couldn't be bothered to follow through. You're on your own if you go with those losers.

I'm with Sky. Had a taxi go into the back of me last year. I think Sky are just a broker, rather than an insurance co, but the guaranteed value was honoured (car originally declared a write-off).

I wonder how that works when it's the other guy's fault. I mean, it's not your insurance company that is paying out, it's the other guy's Ins Co, right? Or do your Ins Co pay you out then claim the money back from them?

argued on my behalf to get the car repaired at my garage of choice, rather the other guy's Insurance Co's
That's your right though, isn't it? I think you can insist on that whatever company you are with and regardless of whether you're claiming on your own insurance or the other person's.

Had a courtesy car for the entire month (Toyota Celica) too - no arguements.

Very pleased with service

Again I think you're entitled to a courtesy car. I hope they'd be as helpful if you were claiming off your own insurance, but I don't know.

:shrug:

Yeah you're right Jake, It did go down as the other guy's fault. I think that usually the ins co pay then claim it back (waits to be corrected)

But the other ins co wanted to write the car off and didn't believe the value which was agreed. Then they didn't want me to have the hire car for a month, but Sky said I could keep it.

Sky were helpful and pushed as much as they could for me. Suppose it's not the same, but I was pleased with the service I got under the circumstances :)

J

Yeah you're right Jake, It did go down as the other guy's fault. I think that usually the ins co pay then claim it back (waits to be corrected)

But the other ins co wanted to write the car off and didn't believe the value which was agreed. Then they didn't want me to have the hire car for a month, but Sky said I could keep it.

Sky were helpful and pushed as much as they could for me. Suppose it's not the same, but I was pleased with the service I got under the circumstances :)

J

'as much as they could' help' with or not

Been with Elephant for last 5 + years with all my imports, most competitive, and you will have no problems AT ALL!!

Most other companies are having a laugh at your expense basically, and good luck to you if you think you are getting a good deal... I always do the rounds and ALWAYS end back up with Elephant

More Than insurance (to name just one or though most quoted the same) quoted me £1000 F/COMP TO INSURE MY n/a

Bear in mind following

15+ years no claims

driving 24 years

I so laughed at them....

So stayed with Elephant

£275 + Tax f/comp + protected

with Cat 2 Immobiliser

Not rocket science,

Oh and the missus who has been with More than for 2 years returned back to Eelphant with her RX8 saving £100.00 per year,

No they are not a cheap ins company... online based so lower costs and you can speak on phone so no probs,

To be honest most of the insurance companies are mis informed when it comes to imports as 90% of the time parts are actually easier to get than European and UK cars..

• 3 months later...

I hope Sky are as good as their premium is!! Somebody went into the back of me yesterday :( I rang Sky to put a claim in and they said they dont have any dealings with it :rolleyes: they gave me 2 numbers to ring, one for the actual insurance company and the other for the legal department. I was on the phone ringing backwards and forwards between Sky, Ensign and this legal department, over an hour in total, not straight forward like it was when i claimed with Elephant but then I have never been with a broker before. Seems a bit long winded IMO but we shall see what happens :(

I had that with Sky they just sell you the policy. However i just called Ensign and away we went.

They were very quick to respond, i filled in all the forms and they offered me the money for the car straightaway (took about two weeks) to settle it.

If i had a complaint it was that i haven't been kept informed of how the claim has gone (i suspect 50/50 but certainly wasn't my fault) and i didn't get a courtesy car. Also lost the premium which it says you will do in a fault claim but not when you are not at fault.

The letter back from Sky said that they'd got my notice of cancellation (they wouldn't/couldn't competitively insure my new car) but after pro rata deductions and their "fee" i wasn't getting anything back. Considering it was about 6 months into the policy i was expecting something back and it was poor that they didn't say how much their "fee" was. Still they were polite etc (although i was told i should have consulted them about what car to buy!?) i just don't think that they earned a fee, certainly not one that cost me a few hundred quid when it was Ensign that did all the work and dealt with the claim so well.

m.

I hope Sky are as good as their premium is!! Somebody went into the back of me yesterday :( I rang Sky to put a claim in and they said they dont have any dealings with it :rolleyes: they gave me 2 numbers to ring, one for the actual insurance company and the other for the legal department. I was on the phone ringing backwards and forwards between Sky, Ensign and this legal department, over an hour in total, not straight forward like it was when i claimed with Elephant but then I have never been with a broker before. Seems a bit long winded IMO but we shall see what happens :(

Sorry to hear about this I hope your OK and that you get your car repaired.

Correct Jake. Usually the TP insurer will reimburse your insurer following own insurer payout to you after a claim.

Robbo - I'm very surprised at this. Sky should of given you a single number to phone and handle the claim from there. OK, they don't have to be directly involved as they are only a broker. But the FSA does state there should be a clear route to claiming.

I would seriously speak to Sky again. Jae will help you out surely.

Just insured the new Supe with "Zurich Special Risk Insurance" through my company broker.

Was over £100.00 cheaper than Sky and no problems with bodywork mods etc.

No agreed value, but our brokers have looked after us for thirty years and I'm sure will get us a good deal if and when.

If you want to give them a shout, they are:

ADVANCE INSURANCE

WESTBURY

01373 822369

Ask for Ian

Might be worth a shout...

G