The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Walbro Fuel pump

wkdtime

Had a go at installing this but got no where,

I removed the black protective plate with the 8 or so nuts, i then removed the electrical connection socket, and then the two fuel lines.

Finally i got to the stage of removing the gold/Bronze nut which site on top of the Tank/Sender, I sprayed plenty of WD40 prior, when i tried to undo the nut the whole tank was moving with it, i even tried wedging a piece of wood to stop it from rotating but the damn thing would still rotate as i tried to undo the nut.

I finally put it all back together and gave up for now,

Anyone else encounter this problem? Any suggestions guys?:(

Good advice!

Or give the ratchet a quick tap with a hammer, works every time.

What do you mean by a tap?,

So while the ratchet is locked on the nut (The one i need to take off) i then just tap the racthet? Shall i not just tap the nut?

:search: Soz, bit of a bimbo when it comes to this.

I've had that problem before and found this works:

Put the ring end of a 17mm spanner on the bolt in the position that is least likely to make the whole assembly rotate. If the banjo bolt is at say the 11 o'clock postion put the spanner on it so that the spanner is pointing at about 7 o'clock. Put another spanner on the open end of the 17mm one for extra leverage if necessary.

That should do it. If not, tap the 17mm spanner with a small hammer to get it started.