The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just refurbed my J-Spec headlights

jevansio

Just thought I'd share my thoughts on this to anyone planning to do it.

To summarise IMHO I think that if you do the outsides and you are happy with the results, then the time & effort getting the lights out, apart then back together again is not worth it (unless your insides are really bad).

This is a pic of mine after doing 1 fully, & the other the outside only, & I can't tell the difference. If I'd known before I started how little difference it'd make to do the outside only I wouldn't have bothered doing the insides.

Hope this saves somebody some time & effort,

Jay

Good work but I cant tell the difference with the the sun reflection on the OS one. When I put my plastic ones in the oven and cleaned inside AND out I noticed a bigger difference than just outside. It will depend from light to light and how old they are etc.

Good work but I cant tell the difference with the the sun reflection on the OS one. When I put my plastic ones in the oven and cleaned inside AND out I noticed a bigger difference than just outside. It will depend from light to light and how old they are etc.

Yeah I did pick a pretty naff picture to highlight what I was on about :D.

Looks a fecking nice car. I want leather seats waaaaaaa

Nice Car Mate

Thank you peeps,

what products did you use?

I used Novus 3 stage plastic polish (1 is a cleaner, 2 is a heavy scratch remover, 3 is a fine scratch remover), I got mine from:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Novus-plastic-polish-1-2-3-Pinballs-IPOD-MOBILEs_W0QQitemZ220038015525QQihZ012QQcategoryZ3947QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I also used a PoterCable dual action orbital polisher to make light work of the polishing, you can order them directly from the US, I bought mine from a guy on ebay, but all he does is get them sent from the US straight to your door.

Jay