The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Electric Ganador Mirrors installation.

SupraStar 3000

Electric Ganador Mirrors installation.

This weekend I want to fit Nic’s Ganador Mirrors but the instructions are in japanese and for something that I imagined to be relatively easy to DIY the instructions seem very complex :(

Haven’t really studied them yet but in anticipation of problems, has anyone installed them and have any tips / info they can share.

Thanks

Ed - Straight swap mate!

1, remove door card

2, There will be holes/access area on the inner door skin where you can access the mirror mount bolts (2)

3, Undo the two bolts and diconnect the wiring connector

4, You may find a little rust around the mirror mounts on the door - treat that if necessary

5, Do the above steps in reverse order to fit the Ganador mirrors - I think the Ganador come with their own bolts so use those two instead but DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN as they snap easily! The electrical connector is exactly the same as stock so just push that back in.

The Ganador sit higher than the stock mirors, on the corner with the door and front of the door glass. They tend not to sit flush with the door pillar so you may want to get sticky foam strips to pad it up.

Pic of Ganador mirrors on my car: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=3435

Cheers,

Ro

As you know the Supra mirror mounts are notorious for holding water - You wash your car and it's still dripping water from the mounts 2 hours later!

So it's the mounts is it? That really REALLY annoys me. I might look at sealing this better one day.