The mkiv Supra Owners Club

boost cut controler

Guest MacNastie

Guest MacNastie

hi! i know im new but i need some help! on the mkiv o.c site under tech articales, thay said to buy the MR2 Gready bcc part #1550006. for the supra,but according to Gready this part number is for a mazda 1993-1996 rx-7! does any one know the right one? also if i fit it, will i put the tt's at risk?

Mate, you can use it buddy. A Greddy BCC is just a voltage adjuster. All you need to do is take the back off and make sure the voltage output is reduced to the Supra Mkiv spec. (That's up to 4.3v or closest too (without going over) for a pre-facelift and closest to 4.1v for a facelift (again, without going over)

Can't remember the wires and I’m away from the UK so can’t get my hands on my car but its only a 10 minute job and you won’t have to buy a new BCC. Refer to the US Supra Mkiv site and that will tell you in the spec section if I can recall!

EDIT: You'll need something like a motorbike battery (12v) and a voltage checker and that's it. Once you take the back off the unit, you'll see a small dial that affects the voltage output. It will take 45 seconds to get the back off and a few minutes to get the voltage on track against the maximum margins stated above!

thanks! i dont have one yet but looking to buy! do you gentelmen know the max boost presure of a stock turbo

1.2bar on stock J-spec turbos, I'd check the condition of your intercooler first though to make sure it is in good condition and able deal with the increased temp.

You'll also need to fit a set of cooler grade plugs to avoid misfire at higher boost.