The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help guys - FMIC and Radiator advice

Sheefa

Hi all,

Right after my recent 'accident', I will definitely need a new FMIC and it's probably worth replacing the rad too as it's bent at the bottom - no leaks mind. Might as well get the both done whilst the car is at Chris Wilsons though ;)

What I want to know is:

• Are the KOYO Radiators any good - I know I need a transmission cooler too - where can I get one from UK?
  • Is the following FMIC any good as I may look towards this? I'm only running 400rwhp and won't be looking to go much higher for quite some time. :)

The Account Executive, Scott, said a lot of people are running 600rwhp on these FMICs, but I would love to hear from someone who has one on here.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250037807776&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:UK:1

It's a substantial saving over what I would of paid for branded (but proven ;)) parts that's for sure.

Any ideas on the above or advice?

Grubbs - I will still have the Auto radiator off you mate as they're just as good as aftermarket ones (if not better) and I'll probably fit that and flog the KOYO if I get it at a later stage. Just thinking about time here pal ;)

Cheers all. :D

Greg

Oh yeah cheers Steve!

Wasn't sure if there were any reviews on this one though mate. I know the XS Power one has been done to death though but no search flagged up this particular FMIC.

Thanks for the advice. All I ideally want to know is if it can handle up to 450rwhp effectively!

:)

Oh yeah cheers Steve!

Wasn't sure if there were any reviews on this one though mate. I know the XS Power one has been done to death though but no search flagged up this particular FMIC.

Thanks for the advice. All I ideally want to know is if it can handle up to 450rwhp effectively!

:)

I would hazzard a guess that is a xs one:search:

Speak with Ibrar regarding the rad, he has one on his... looked good quality to me.

Clarkey,

I no longer have the SMIC pipes mate, I've had things re-located as I've had a FMIC fitted before and I (stupid I know!) prefer the look of a FMIC and with decent ducting it should be good.

Plus - and no offence to Nic as it's not his fault - I tried to purchase a Greddy twice but both deals fell through due to supplier error. I can't wait longer and longer to have problems in getting it again. :(

The cores and end tanks are virtually the same as XS power so probably about as good.

Geodiesteve is right though ;)

IMO they're good as a replacement for a knackered stocker, but are in no way as good quality as the main brand makes. The best aftermarket one IMO is the Chris Wilson SMIC, the core is far superior to anything else I've seen, but perhaps too small for BIG singles

# We offer free shipping to anywhere in the world!! (UK, Europe, USA, International)

# Shipping and handling fees are free. All additional costs such as additional packing materials, insurance, and the labor required for shipping, and packing are free.

# No Pick-Ups Allowed.

# Insurance (required) is free with every order. Damages or loss are protected.

Buy It Now price: £275.00

Postage costs: £30.00

Huh? :conf:

Agreed Clarkey. I was in on that group buy but there's been a large delay and they won't reach the UK until 15th November now!

I know Jake - I asked him about this. He said it was a mistake and it is free shipping! When you pay you get the choice of getting charged £30 or choosting free shipping! Hmmmm lol. ;)

Homer - agreed. CW's looks like an absolutely mint intercooler. As mentioned though I have no side piping and I can't afford £650 when a Greddy 2-row, even though it may be less effective, can be had for less and I'll have everything needed.

If only Chris did an 'in-between' version though! Will give it some thought if nobody else buys it soon.

I'm going to get that Koyo Radiator though - might as well! :)

Anyone know where I can get a tranny cooler from?

Cheers.

I'm in the process of putting one of these on mine. The construction isn't anything to write home about, but no doubt it's better than a knackered stock one.

I bought mine on Monday, had it delivered Tuesday - very good service :) The £30 is for the next day delivery (Parcelforce 24), normal delivery is 3- 5 iirc.

Parcel is very well packed, certainly the pipes and fittings are good quality. The welding on the intercooler isn't the worst (nor the best) that I've seen, but looks OK otherwise. Fitting is fairly easy too.

The intercooler kit is branded 'Autobahn 88' if that helps :)

The way I see it, the core for this is a disposable item, and can be upgraded as and when funds allow :)

Huh? :conf:

That annoyed me too... They offer free shipping but the 'postage' cost they post up cover the import tax you'll be hit with. Even though they advertise the item for sale in the UK, most of the kit comes from the US or China and is advertised as test samples.

Its wrong, but thats how these companies work. Had the same issue when buying from XS Power from the "UK", which turned out to be North Carolina in the US.

That's shocking. People cannot get away with this surely. They charge more when it's in the UK too, and then you find out they're shipping it in on an invididual basis!

I'm very disappointed with Martin @ MKIV Store for that mate.

Will probably get stung with IT on that Radiator won't I! :(

They are made by a Company called Autobahn88

http://www.carparts.com.hk/download/autobahn88-product-catalog.pdf

and are actually very good quality. Think Thor had a Few big BHP cars running them.

I think a certain trader on here sells them as thier own as you can have them branded with your own logo etc etc

I did pass on details to a member who was going to run a group buy on them not so long ago, after the Group buy fell through.

the costs from autobahn :-

$250+postage for 5

$235+postage for 10

If anyone in the postition to setup such a group buy in the future wants too, i can forward all the relevent contact information.

Marty