The mkiv Supra Owners Club

great supra story

Guest lfelton

Guest lfelton

Had to share this one!

I was picking up my supe from the body shop (parking ding) & got chatting with the manager. He was saying that they repair loads of imports these days, but he hadn't seen a UK one like mine for ages. Which got us chatting about supras he had repaired. Apologies if this one's a well known story! A main dealer had a brand new silver supra in the show room and it needed to be moved outside as they were moving vehicles around. It was only going to be there for a minute, so the bright spark moving it left the keys in the ignition! It was promptly nicked and then found its way into the hands of a gang of robbers. Realising that nothing the police had at the time could catch them, they were just left with the problem of the colour - and promptly repainted it matt black! It was stored in a lock up between "jobs" and was recovered by the police following a tip off. So, the bodyshop got the lovely job of stripping all of the matt black paint off, repairing it and respraying it silver! I wonder if the new owner knew any of this? Talk about an interesting "history".

So - owners of silver UK supras - go out and check for any remaining bits of matt black paint! Imagine that - owning the car "the police couldn't catch"! :rlol: