The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T78 Rebuild Completed Back on the Road

Jonty

Big thanks to Tim, Ike and Richard at Tuning Japanese for their excellent quality workmanship and indepth knowledge on high performance Supras. This team worked dam hard to make this project deliver, it has! My car now delivers 700 bhp and drives fantastic. It has been worth the wait 4 months to get this result. Given it's a 450 mile return trip to TJ it had to be worth it Defo has:)

Also wanted to thank Envy boys for the supply of all my engine internals and HKS bits. Great prices and 24 hr turn around![GRIN][/GRIN] Whale done on ur recent run - great video!

Guys at Vogue International for sorting our my wheels and tyres - passionate about alloys. They know exactly what they are doing and cured some vibrations just by knowing how to fit the wheels properly to Supra cars :D New wheels just arrived in the UK Supreme 19's if interested

Chris Gregory - the Ultimate Custom Car spray man - Chris is starting work on my car this weekend - 3 weeks to prepare and finish to something very special - of course she will be black. Defo recommend him as he is TVR top paint man and I am sure you've seen all those crackin pearls and candy paint jobs

I've feel as though I've done a mini MBA in Supra rebuilding. The forum has been fastic source of ideas, support , info and banter - thanks guys

Thanks to Jamie P for keeping me going as I suffered Supra withdrawl over the 4 months and missed taking the Supra on the Canon Ball run Europe. Sorry guys had to take the Volvo instead -however the master stoke was beating the Porsche boys as we won the first stage - u guessed it in a Volvo:blink: Next year Supra revenge!

The T78 was already installed when I bought it from GT Cars about a year ago. Didn't know what the condition of the turbo was at the time. As part of the TJ rebuild they rebuilt the turbo unit and fully serviced it as general wear and tear would impact boost and performance. Now like brand new and delivering 100% Believe turbo fit can fit T78 / T88 - u can import from USA and directly from Japan cheaper. You wll need the exact fittings etc. Alternatively they can source the part for u. T78 is bit less laggy than T88 - however having been in Jamie P T88 it is fantastic and makes more power. Defo recommend these turbo units. Please get in touch if want more info - cheers Jonty PS wot is great about these units is that u can drive around town like a normal car then when you want extreme power in comes in higher up and the cars go mental - VERY!

Big thanks to Tim, Ike and Richard at Tuning Japanese for their excellent quality workmanship and indepth knowledge on high performance Supras. This team worked dam hard to make this project deliver, it has! My car now delivers 700 bhp and drives fantastic. It has been worth the wait 4 months to get this result. Given it's a 450 mile return trip to TJ it had to be worth it Defo has:)

Also wanted to thank Envy boys for the supply of all my engine internals and HKS bits. Great prices and 24 hr turn around![GRIN][/GRIN] Whale done on ur recent run - great video!

Guys at Vogue International for sorting our my wheels and tyres - passionate about alloys. They know exactly what they are doing and cured some vibrations just by knowing how to fit the wheels properly to Supra cars :D New wheels just arrived in the UK Supreme 19's if interested

Chris Gregory - the Ultimate Custom Car spray man - Chris is starting work on my car this weekend - 3 weeks to prepare and finish to something very special - of course she will be black. Defo recommend him as he is TVR top paint man and I am sure you've seen all those crackin pearls and candy paint jobs

I've feel as though I've done a mini MBA in Supra rebuilding. The forum has been fastic source of ideas, support , info and banter - thanks guys

Thanks to Jamie P for keeping me going as I suffered Supra withdrawl over the 4 months and missed taking the Supra on the Canon Ball run Europe. Sorry guys had to take the Volvo instead -however the master stoke was beating the Porsche boys as we won the first stage - u guessed it in a Volvo:blink: Next year Supra revenge!

nice work Jonty,loving the fuel system in the boot!:cool:

what engine work have you had done?Was the power figure flywheel or at the wheels.After taking a similar route with mine.

Will have to have a T78 meet up soon so I can have a closer lood buddy:d

Just been looking at your garage - Nice motor

Be great if you have a T78 / T88 meet. I am in Harrogate. U get to Sherbun first Tuesday of the month.

Power at the wheels 690 bhp exactly.

All the engine work detailed in the Garage section - most of it new. Please get in touch if you want specs and who did wot etc no probs. Hope to meet up soon u can have a ride see wot it's like. Always pays to drive the car u want to build, before you do it as some people don't like the drive characteristics and get transfixed on power not driveability- depends wot u want. Cheers Jonty

Just been looking at your garage - Nice motor

Be great if you have a T78 / T88 meet. I am in Harrogate. U get to Sherbun first Tuesday of the month.

Power at the wheels 690 bhp exactly.

All the engine work detailed in the Garage section - most of it new. Please get in touch if you want specs and who did wot etc no probs. Hope to meet up soon u can have a ride see wot it's like. Always pays to drive the car u want to build, before you do it as some people don't like the drive characteristics and get transfixed on power not driveability- depends wot u want. Cheers Jonty

hi jonty ,a meet up at squires would be great on the first tuesday of next month.There is plenty of supras go down !:cool: