The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T61 turbo question....

Jim_1979

You will need a manifold, wastegate and downpipe minimum I think

Now, XS-power stuff is subject to great debate.... quality is/was an issue, however as people have pointed out, if the turbo doesn't last as long you can still replace it with another one at the same price....

I know turbofit have been having some great success with it.

I fitted the XS-power kit myself and for the money it is good IMO

Anyone know where to get the manifold/downpipe from as the uk xs power site doesn't appear to have any Supra parts listed. I found the above turbo on ebay.

Just curious as to how much all the bits would be. Obv I'd need some sort of boost controller.

Since they are a valid trader on here, Sam at Turbofit is your lady.

As Steve says this is in no way comparible to something like the Boostlogic or sound peformance T61. The turbine is tiny (50 something mm) so will be capable of barely more than stock TT HP. Its a decent turbo to fit to an NA conversion but can't see it ever being a worthwhile conversion for a TT car.

The price isn't too great either, Steve Whitaker (The 'DJ Craig' car) runs a GT45 XS power turbo which costs only £380!

Anyone know where to get the manifold/downpipe from as the uk xs power site doesn't appear to have any Supra parts listed. I found the above turbo on ebay.

Just curious as to how much all the bits would be. Obv I'd need some sort of boost controller.

Send a message to XS-Power on ebay, they'll help you out and can supply parts at incredinly cheap prices. See my post with the TT XS power kit, they have a couple up for grabs at the moment (though the turbo supplied isn't great)

Also... what sort of figures would be achievable with the T61. Is the T61 actually a good turbo to go single with? lag etc...

The XS power T61 is basically going to be BPU power, maybe a little more with the right mapping and injectors. No point in going for such a tiny turbo IMO ;)

£180 for the manifold, wastegate and dumptube??

Cheap....is this through ebay or US site?

Ebay mate so includes delivery. Only problem you might get is a customs charge (which is cheeky as they advertise as being based in UK - my £600 kit had a £20 charge)

You will need a lot more than just a boost controller, manifold and turbo, my old mate....have a read on the forum, there is a wealth of information that should keep you busy

Consider the following

Intake

Intake filter

Breather system

Big Oil cooler

Blitz LM or greddy 3-row

Intake manifold

Downpipe, centre section, back box - any quality system will do

Manifold - Would go for arnouts if you can get one...dont buy a cheap one

Wastegate

Oil feeds/return

Coolant feeds

Clutch - stock to say 450/500

Autobox - built + high stall

BOV

Tank, pump(s), wiring, hoses - Single Walbro or UK spec pump

Injectors + resistor pack

Fuel pressure regulator - keep an eye on

ECU - AEM or even better motec, if your on a budget emanage blue mapped by Ian C or whifbitz

Plenty of gauges, AEM 02, Boost, oil pressure/temp

LSD and some sort of knock monitor