The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Repost? More MkV Supra rumours

Jake

(I'm sure I've seen the red car before)

From : http://www.topspeed.com/cars/toyota/toyota-supra-ar6872.html

2008 Toyota Supra

Rumors of the new Supra from Toyota have been circulating from mounths. With the Lexus GT 450 serving as the company’s halo sports car, Toyota would benefit by having a sports car that’s a bit more affordable. Wtih two performance machines in its stable, Toyota would no longer be viewed as simply a producer of reliable and green transportations appliance.

There will be both coupe and convertible version of the car, probably introduced at the same time. The convertible is reported to have a folding hard top and is intented to be more of a boutique car than a serious sport car. The coupe, however, will be just that, eqquiped with a 5 liter V8 engine producing 450 hp and 383 lbs-ft of torque. This engine will not be available in the open-air model because of rigidity issues. It is said that when Toyota started development of the Supra, it was only a convertible hard-top form with 4.3 liter V8. Later in the process, Toyota opted to go with a more powerful engine. But with the additional came extra loads that the convertible couldn’t stand, so the company was forced to create a fixed-roof version of the car.

The Supra’s suspension is one befitting that of a true sport car: upper ad lower A-arms up front and a multilink setup at the rear. No doubt the tuning of the shocks and springs will be different in the V8 and V6 models, but expect both version to be relatively firm.

It is expected the V8 Supra to be priced about 50000$. The more affordable Toyota Supra (40000$) will come with a 3.5 liter V6, the same powerplant used in the Lexus IS 350 and GS 350, but tuned to produce more power: 350 hp and 275 lbs-ft of torque.

Toyota will have a car that’ll eclipse the performance of the Nissan 350Z, Mazda RX-8 and Honda S2000. Look for the Supra to make appearance in October of 2007.

i thought it was around £26455 and £21116, if they're under 30k i'll be getting 1, keep the mk iv though of corse.

You are correct, that is if you are doing a normal conversion from $40-50K at today's rates.

As with most things in this country when you see a price listed in $ you can almost always expect the dealers to just replace the $ with a £. It is getting better but I doubt there will ever be equality as far as that goes.

i thought it was around £26455 and £21116, if they're under 30k i'll be getting 1, keep the mk iv though of corse.

If only it worked like that. The Americans always get better deals. So a $40000 car in their market, equates to a £35000 ish in our market. Where as in theory $40000 = £20000. :blink:

Edit: D'oh. Joe to quick :D

You are correct, that is if you are doing a normal conversion from $40-50K at today's rates.

As with most things in this country when you see a price listed in $ you can almost always expect the dealers to just replace the $ with a £. It is getting better but I doubt there will ever be equality as far as that goes.

so true

I guess we should all be getting single conversions so we are ready to belittle the mkv owners when they think they've just got a flash, fast new car.

If a mkiii owner came on here with a big tubby strapped to his medallion mobile would the pangs of jealousy hit home as you looked out of the window at your mkiv?

Not on your life.

I genuinely don't know how the 'GT500' is going to do here. In America, Japan & the middle East it'll do very well, here I'm not so sure.

You guys seen the Audi R8. Looks flamming fantastic! And sounds like it will go like stink!

Just read the spec list and options the dealer emailed to my boss this morning, bloody impressive. Looks as if he's putting his name down for one :rolleyes: Even got me on the car park with him measuring my Supra so he could could an idea of the size of the R8 compared to mine :blink:

If they bring out that one I don't get why use a V engine.

I believe it's mainly because it's easier to meet new "pedestrian safety" regulations as the V isn't as long as an inline 6 so there can be more padding room at the front for when you're running chavs over.