The mkiv Supra Owners Club

trying take my first cat out

miko_supra

Yeah, common problem. The nuts rust onto the studs. You'll be trouble if you snap a stud.

Applying heat to the rusted nut often helps if penetrating oil doesn't.

If all else fails take it to an exhaust place and bung them a few quid to fit the pipe. At least if they snap a stud they'll have the right tools to replace it.

Yeah, common problem. The nuts rust onto the studs. You'll be trouble if you snap a stud.

Applying heat to the rusted nut often helps if penetrating oil doesn't.

If all else fails take it to an exhaust place and bung them a few quid to fit the pipe. At least if they snap a stud they'll have the right tools to replace it.

:yeahthat:

i took mine to my local bathwick tyres, chraged me 20 quid, bargain :)

A handy hint I learned a few years ago is to 'crack' the nut loose by TIGHTENING first it until it just moves, then slackening it off. This breaks the rust off, but doesn't get the rusty bits jammed further into the threads.

Keep tightening and undoing it until it moves freely. Every time it seizes, back it up and spray it with plus gas/WD40/duck oil/KY Jelly or whatever you have.